• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Issues with imported music since reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey all, first proper post to the forums since joining so sorry if this has already been answered elswhere.

So, I'm noticing a lot of issues and inconsistencies in the editor regarding using custom/imported music since the reforged update (or at least the latest patch). Originally, you would be able to use the trigger "Play music" and it would be able to play whatever imported music you had on the map without issue. Now though, it seems like 50% of the time, the game decides not to play the music you have selected and instead resets the music to the default OST.

This issue is not unique to imported music either it seems. For example, in a map I'm currently working on, I have the music "Dark Agents" playing at map initialization (it works fine). Then, further into the level, I set a trigger to play some imported music (this also works fine). Here's where the issue comes in; during the trigger where I want this imported music to stop playing, I use the command "Stop music" (this also works fine). However, after this point, using the command "Play Music" to try and start playing "Dark Agents" again, does not work, and the game instead reverts to the default OST (starts playing human01 etc).

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue recently and if there's been any changes to the editor that cause this? I've never experienced this issue before, and even the map I'm referring to worked fine playing the different tracks before reforged.

Thanks in advance, please let me know if I can provide any more info :)

Status
Not open for further replies.