• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Music not looping anymore ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey

I have been using a custom music in my custom map for years. It always worked fine.

Since Reforged went live, the custom music does not loop anymore. It plays once, then stop and the default warcraft music plays after it.

This is really annoying.

Same for you ?

Level 12
Have you tried a repeating timer to start the music ?
Downside is you need to know the music duration I guess.

Level 12
I believe, if you store your custom music durations in an array for example, you could easily stop the Music and Start the new one without a glitch.

If you don't stop the music, the game is probably defaulting back to its own "playlist".

Level 5
The only workaround right now is to replace all default musics of your race with custom ones. This is actually more effective as well because you evade using triggers and stuff. Many map makers prefer it.
This somewhat worked, but there is too many to have to replace every single internal sound and it makes you have to create a new imported music every time so the map ends up 65k KB. Any suggestions to work around this? Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.