• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Issues with a custom map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello everyone, since a while ago i've been developing a map on WC3. I've been doing some updates to it and testing it on singleplayer, but once I tried to host it on Battle.net i encountered several issues.

1. The game crashed after a certain time. For this a friend of mine helped me looking for leaks on my triggers as it may have been what was causing those errors, he also told me that the fact I used WC3 Unlimited could also be causing some of these issues.

2. People can't join my lobby. It seems they can't download the map and directly enter the lobby so Battlenet automatically kicks them. Moreover when I start the lobby (its just me in the game) my ping goes really high (2000 ms - 3000 ms) and my overall connection to the internet slows down, as if I were uploading my map. I've attached a screenshot of this issue.

upload_2020-9-29_20-48-59.png

The 2nd issue is the one that currently concerns me more. What I've been doing is removing all the imported files my map has in groups (mainly models), but it doesn't seem to fix the problem with the ping. I'm quite new at this forums so please excuse me if i stepped over a certain procedure when posting threads. I'd like to know if there is any solution to this or if I just should just start all over again.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.