• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] IssueImmediateOrder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I've been trying to put together a spell that has a passive cooldown.

Preparation [PASSIVE]
If Hero does not attack for 10 / 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 / 4 seconds, it gains 400% attack speed for 5 attacks.

Basically, every time the unit attacks, the cooldown of this skill has to start. For this I gave it an Evasion and when I want the cooldown to start, I replace it with a Berserk spell that I order the unit to immediately use.

However, this Berserk spell disrupts the unit's current orders, cancelling its attack. Is there a way to make a unit use Berserk without it stopping? I used Berserk in the first place because I know it doesn't cancel the unit's orders when the player uses it. So what's the difference and is there a way to work around this?

EDIT: For clarity, the Evasion and Berserk spells are dummy spells, they don't give a chance to evade or attack or movement speed and Berserk's buff is immediately removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.