• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Maximum Attack Speed Limitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
How can it be that some units with 0 attack speed cooldown can attack faster than others? Im guessing this is based on backswing point or other animation timers.

Well im making a spell that allows u to deal 3 hits instantly. So i used berserk with 100x attack speed bonus and used triggers to limit it to three hits. However, when heroes are at final level (1.5 starting attack cooldown, around 100 AGI(final level) at .02-.01(still deciding) attack speed bonus per agi point), there seems to be near negligable difference from normal attack to attacking with this buff.

Setting the backswing point and damage point to lower rates does somehow make them attack faster but the animation turns kinda awkward in a way, they never even finish the attack(thus lloking stupid at level 1 heroes with slow attacks). Im thinking maybe there is a way around this? The only thing i can think of is setting animation speed to something faster for a while but it might collide with the animation speed changes of my other spells. Any ideas? Or am i forced to lower all attack speeds?

dont mess with animation speed and backswing, it wont do anything although it seems to do something. actualy it only changes animation speed. and there must be limitation, if limit wa 0, then you attacked once, game would crash because of infinite loop. using weu? if you are, then you can set unit movement speed to 100000, but 512 is max anyway, so, there is almost 100% possability that there IS a limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.