1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Trigger] Maximum Attack Speed Limitation

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by l33t5up4h4x0r, Jan 24, 2007.

1. l33t5up4h4x0r

l33t5up4h4x0r

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How can it be that some units with 0 attack speed cooldown can attack faster than others? Im guessing this is based on backswing point or other animation timers.

Well im making a spell that allows u to deal 3 hits instantly. So i used berserk with 100x attack speed bonus and used triggers to limit it to three hits. However, when heroes are at final level (1.5 starting attack cooldown, around 100 AGI(final level) at .02-.01(still deciding) attack speed bonus per agi point), there seems to be near negligable difference from normal attack to attacking with this buff.

Setting the backswing point and damage point to lower rates does somehow make them attack faster but the animation turns kinda awkward in a way, they never even finish the attack(thus lloking stupid at level 1 heroes with slow attacks). Im thinking maybe there is a way around this? The only thing i can think of is setting animation speed to something faster for a while but it might collide with the animation speed changes of my other spells. Any ideas? Or am i forced to lower all attack speeds?

2. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    dont mess with animation speed and backswing, it wont do anything although it seems to do something. actualy it only changes animation speed. and there must be limitation, if limit wa 0, then you attacked once, game would crash because of infinite loop. using weu? if you are, then you can set unit movement speed to 100000, but 512 is max anyway, so, there is almost 100% possability that there IS a limit.

3. Orc_Tamer

Orc_Tamer

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Check in your gameplay constants it should show something about attack speed in there. You can change how fast a unit attacks on how much agility it has.

4. l33t5up4h4x0r

l33t5up4h4x0r

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Animation do somehow increases attack speed. I've tested it with a blademaster. Orc Tamer, yes i do know that, my dilemma is if i set it to low values then heroes would gain attack speed much slower.

5. Orc_Tamer

Orc_Tamer

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can try:

1. Use gloves of haste
    2. Use Chemical Rage
    3. Bloodlust

You can hold shift while editing it so you can set it up to 1000x. Then trigger it so when it attacks 3x it will remove the buff or item.