• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Issue with opening a map. An UNPROTECTED Map. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So, I've recently downloaded the unprotected version of Steel Stallion's Steel's DnD Map, which he released himself a while ago so people could work on it. Himself and Titan Hex both informed me themselves that it was indeed unprotected.

However, when I attempt to open it in world editor, Or Newgen, which is what TitanHex used, I get an error similar to what you would get if the map was protected. And I repeat: I AM SURE. THAT IT IS UNPROTECTED. He sent me the file himself after verifying, and it was the same as the other I downloaded myself. So don't ask if that's the problem.

Any idea what could be causing this? It comes up after a few "Invalid trigger" messages when the triggers are loading.

Level 1
Here's the screenshot and the map file (attachments)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I already tried UMSWE Without success as well with the same error, but it pops up even sooner (after like 1 invalid trigger message instead of 5-6..)

Attachments

• World editor error.png
    World editor error.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 193
  • Steel's DnD.w3x
    6.4 MB · Views: 368
Level 1
The first one worked, thanks! I just hope there's no problems with the map, all I want to do is edit the physical map for now, but maybe more than that later. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.