• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Island of Fog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Actually i wanted to make the whole thing stand out from fog, but it was kinda hard and it looked good with water too.
So its first it was supposed to be like high high in the mountain over the skies :)
Also kept a little mystic around those towers, so it looks like its desolated, but still lives people there, like as if they come and go.
I could have added a little more i guess, but im out of time so :/

Attachments

• Uten navn 1.jpg
    Uten navn 1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 229
  • Uten navn 2.jpg
    Uten navn 2.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 223
  • Uten navn 3.jpg
    Uten navn 3.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 224
  • Uten navn 4.jpg
    Uten navn 4.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 210
  • Uten navn 5.jpg
    Uten navn 5.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 213
Level 24
The cliff is pointy and sharp because of the high contrast between water and cliff.
Im mostly inspired by games like Black and White 2 on how they made the cliffs, so im trying to make it the same way, but ofc blizzard have so few ground points which you can raise so its kinda "!#¤%&/ up :)

Level 34
You're very good with cliffs and the water looks awesome. The actual island is just decent. The fog does make it stand out nicely.

Level 24
I like it for a map, but for anything else well the camera angle isn't good at all :\
Yap, i suck with the camera angles, but im happy as long as i show most of the stuff! ^^

OFF-TOPIC: Are you still working on that awesome ninja map? It looked really awesome.
Yap, but at the moment im pretty lazy :)

I think it looks very nice but I don't see any frogs there. I suggest you to put couple frogs with size of 10.
Oooook so what does frogs have to do with it?
Maybe you missread fog by frog? no? ^^

Level 6
As already said, the fog, water, cliffs are awesome. But the top lacks something... the doodads look like just being threw up there to complete it, nothing more. +rep

Level 6
Well, for the buildings... Would you build two towers on a mountain top if you wanted a safe refuge? When building on high places, your concern would be to keep your buildings low, as for on great hights you catch MUCH wind. Like a cotage type of thing. Or you could make it tempelish, like some monks who live there. ...Just some sugestions^^

Status
Not open for further replies.