• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Island Conquest v1.24

Short Description: Take over the islands, build ships, make upgrades, destroy others and get allied with who you want. On every island there are resource mines. Upgrade your buildings, defense towers and shipyards to survive attacks of others. Destroy shipyards to take control of any other island. In total there are 17 different units (12 ships, 2 submarines, 3 air-crafts) and 73 islands. Ships get more powerful with upgrades so basically it's the easiest way to win. Also every ship gets experience on his own that can give it extra power.

General Rules.
-When player lose control over all his islands he is defeated and will lose all ships he had.
-Ships can earn experience through battles to increase there power. Idea is simple: 1 kill - 1 exp. Each ship has 4 levels. Ship must sink 20 opponents to reach it.
-You can make allies with everyone.
-you can't attack yourself and your allies.

Game Options:
1.Storms
A tornado constantly appears in the middle of the map and wonders around

2.All Conquered
All islands are randomly given to all players, they get 25'000 starting resources and some upgrades.

3.Main Base
Every players will have The main Shipyard which is a lot better than regular shipyards. Losing the Main Shipyard brings you defeat!!

4.Pirates
Pirates appear on islands near center once in a while. If no one is fighting pirates they will increase there numbers and occupy middle island. Once they occupy it Pirate king will appear.

Commands to use:
-up wood (upgrades all Lumber mills you have)
-up gold (upgrades all Markets you have)
-ship up (upgrades all Shipyards you have)
-a (turns on automatized build ordering for currently selected shipyards )
-x (turns off -a to currently selected shipyards)

Changes:
v1.24
- added trade ships
- added game mode with income reduction

v1.23
- fixed bug with Heavy towers triggering "partial" island takeovers and leading to other bugs
- now mines will detonate against first enemy unit in range
- added new air unit

v1.22
-now more pirates spawn form the hideouts
-some tech research time reduced
v1.22b
-added 4 new units
-pirates are improved
v1.22c
-Armored ships now can place mines

v1.14
-added more levels for resource buildings.
-decreased ship build time
-terrain changed a lot more
-changed minimap
-improved preference of income trigger
-maybe something else, I'm not shore
v1.15
-added new command
v1.15a
- improved auto tech command
v 1.16
-Added fast mode
-improved loading time
-fixed friendly fire problem
v 1.17
-added new command
v 1.18 and 1.18b
-bug fix, small terrain improve and grammar fixing
v 1.19
-new game mode
-new ultimate ship
-some small changes in terrain
v 1.20
-game mode replaced with options
-made Esc menu for some commands
-some changes in terrain as always
v1.20c
-bug fix
v1.21
-Added pirates(first concept)
-big improvements in terrain

Keywords:
Ship, Island, Conquest, Income, War, Sea, fun, strategy
Contents

Island Conquest v1.24 (Map)

Reviews
10:48, 11th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2: A original idea which makes the map quite interesting and fun to play. The map lacks quite some things that would make it much better, such as heroes, game modes and better terrain. It also has bad grammar and...
Level 4
Few things I noticed in the most recent version:
Even early ships are way too powerful. I managed to capture an island with only two small bomber ships. Of course, it was neutral, but the towers did exactly no damage and not one of my ships was sunk. The starting health on shipyards and towers should be larger. For the ridiculous price you pay to rebuild the tower, it isn't worth building. Then you end up wasting all of your food defending your empire because towers don't work, and you have a problem.

Second:
The experience generator doesn't work when selecting multiple ships. When all ships selected have the ability cooled down, it does nothing but the effect. When only two are cooled down, it does fine. I used the small bomber ship. Perhaps that is what needs fixing.

Third:
Grammar! Spelling! Most people in the WC3 world blow it off. The game is so much enjoyable when: (these are all true things I've seen)

1. In a fps you are not throwing a greenade

2. In a civilization game you are starting your Umpire!

3. The final upgrade in a obscure game:
Order your men to circumcise the world! You find everything!

These are examples of things that make even a great game like this laughable. While the Hive moderators are kind enough to look over such errors, most gamers will notice, unless the entire game is in Japenese or something, in which case they won't even try. Here are a few errors that I found. Please fix them.

The upgrade that reveals the entire map:
Reviels the entire map

The construction upgrade:
Constriction improve
Constriction is what Boa Constrictors do. Also, in every occurrence, it should say Improve Construction. That goes for weapons, shipbuilding, etc.

The Main shipyard Upgrade 3:
New ships and more Hit Point.
Hopefully you know what's wrong there.

On both the Market and Lumber Mill:
Next Leve:
What the *expletive deleted* is a leve?

But, on the brighter side, it is an amazing. You obviously put a lot of work into it. None of the above comments are designed in a derogatory way. I do not mean to display that I don't like the map: I only want you to improve it.

That's all,

Fourmman

(I couldn't come up with a good account name, okay?)

Level 3
Ok me and a full house played this till High Tech, but the map turn boring after a while. Especially when someone mass conquer island , they get unimaginable resources lol.

i suggest renaming the ships to fit the techs, or maybe renaming the high tech low tech advanced tech to like ancient modern etc.

Level 8
New version.
This time I spent some more time to improve terrain. now some islands have mountains, ruins, waterfalls. islands are also slightly bigger.

I also tried to do pirate idea. Pirate hideouts will appear on some islands. destroy them and they will drop treasure. treasure can be dropped at any shipyard to get gold at return. Gold you get varies from 3000 to 65000 at max.

Ok me and a full house played this till High Tech, but the map turn boring after a while. Especially when someone mass conquer island , they get unimaginable resources lol.

i suggest renaming the ships to fit the techs, or maybe renaming the high tech low tech advanced tech to like ancient modern etc.

I think Battleship and Sea King fits advanced tech very well.
And tech levels also describe your lumbermill/market levels and other techs

Level 9
- I got a tip for you, even though I didn't play the map. I noticed your minimap being quite similar to the in-game minimap, except the in-game is the classic warcraft one. What you can DO is rename the Mini-Map Imported picture from war3mapPreview.blp/tga into war3mapMap.blp/tga to make it the in-game minimap as well.

Last edited:
Level 8
Thanks!!

Some more improvements will come soon.

Edit:_____________________
New update. This update introduces 4 new units. 2 of them are submarines that can hide themselves under the water. other 2 are air balloons.
These units are also first imports I use in this map (if we don't count tornado) so Credit is given in quest log.
Also some work is done with the pirates. If spawn enough pirate king will appear and start attacking the richest player with about 40 ships.

Last edited:
Level 2
I don't think this is the sort of game that needs hero's, more units and things to make it more unique would take there place grandly. The terrain can't really be helped, making the islands fit together like a puzzle would make it look more authentic maybe. Make sure the ground touching the water is sand and you'll get less critcism. The spelling isn't a huge problem for people like me who arn't too picky if the game is good, but getting help fixing it would make your game more popular.

Level 2
Played it with 7 friends, heres my/our feedback:

Gameplay
In itself its a fun game. Reminds me alot of space conquest. Its one of thoose long time consuming games that i hold dear.
Upgrades for one is crucial, but only if you're 5-7 levels ahead (wich is fair).

But even though i give it alot of praise, there is still room for improvement. so i have some suggestions that might improve the gameplay:
  • Nodes: Capturing islands in itself is fun, but when i/we played it we/i were 7 people. Some of us just kept to ourselves and let the other people do battle. Placing some nodes around the map would counter this. These nodes could give a 3% extra income (or just enough to give you the edge), its alot when you get to end game.
  • Less food: For me it feels like a naval battle game. But that feeling is gone when some one who has hid in the upper corner comes with a bazzillion whales and/or commander's!
  • "Tactical spots": As i said, when some one attacks with a huge amount of ships it wont really matter how highly upgraded your ships are (This being if your opponent is about 10 -15 levels behind you). To counter this maybe place some tactical spots. I.e. if youre in open water you gain some defense and if you sail close between the islands the current will slow down your ships. This would add a whole other dimension to the game.
  • Weaker ships (I.e. damage, not health): I would like to feel my ships are more important than cannon fodder. This way ranks will feel more important (not they dont already).
  • More visual aid: High ranked ships should have some visual effect so you can:
    A: steer clear of them!
    B: Find them!
  • Extensive newbie guide: Alot of those i played with are DotA players willing to try something new. But they were immediatly put off by the lack off ingame help (They hate reading Q logs apparently).

The gameplay is really good, but still not yet the tactical masterpiece i'd like it to be.
Gameplay score: 3/5

Terrain
The terrain is typical new-gen Wc3 map. Also the islands looks almost identical! Before i found the auto-upgrade i stumbled amongst the islands looking for mills to upgrade, most of the time just to end up at the same spot seconds after!

But it still looks quite good, heres some suggestions for improvements:
  • Unique islands: Build some small temples on some, indian camps, waterfalls or rivers. Just aslong it makes every island feel worth conquering!
  • Make some islands connect to form larger islands: This would do two things! More realistic enviroment and it would make for better tactical advncement!
  • Visually improving cities: Everytime you finish a research a small visual improvement appears like say: House's? Roads? People working at the lumber mill? This is not required too make the map more plesurable to look at, but it would make your mape even more unique!

Terrain is typical and without charm, but not horrible.
Terrain score: 2/5

Final verdict
Even with its boring terrain and not being very accessible to players new to the stragety genre, its still an enormous pleasure to play.
I would glady reccomend this to anyone looking to spend a couple of hours with friends!

Total score: 3/5

Level 2
i think towers before being upgraded have to low a range you can use the lowest rank of ships and take someones harbour without their towers doing anything

Level 8
Will harbor be taken away so easily depend form used strategy of both attacked and defender.
Area that is tower range safe is not that big. You would have to individually move some ships there, that would take time. Some ships might been left guard the harbor and ship damage types goes in play. Also low rank ships don't destroy harbors fast enough so help could be on the way right in time.
And players should always keep a small number of ships guard every island so if one harbor is under attack it can defend itself a short time and other hear by harbors could provide help.

Level 2
i mean its very easy to spam the lowest form of ship to capture neutral locations at the begning of the map cause there towers can't hit, it doesn't matter so well when someone else is playing but its easy to rush around the map in this way teching the fastest

Level 8
I don't consider it a problem since it's these location belong to no one but I could solve it by spawning 2-4 ships on every neutral location once 2 minutes passes.
Anyhow, I wouldn't thought about this myself so thanks for suggestion.

Level 4
Nice map dude. Have some suggestions:

-Islands now feel pretty unpersonal, it would be cool if you could make them unique somehow, perhaps add that there are different special resources that grants buffs or something on every island.
- More Early game ships would be awesome.
- Just a mode idea:
Relic Isles: Like 8 islands contain relics, capture all these islands and hold them for 3 minutes to win.

Level 8
Finally map update. and it only took 4 years :)

Not much of an update though.
Basicly fixed a bug that I was told about.
Also changed author's name to what I now use on most other sites and Starcraft

EDIT:
Another update.
Added trade ships that randomly travel from one island to another and generate gold and wood.
To get them going all you need to do is use item from there inventory on any shipyard you own.

Also added option to change income efficiency depending from how many islands you own.

Last edited:
Level 1
:vw_love:Nice work..loved it its more fun than i imagine on playing...

Suggestions:
-Can you put neutral creeps like hydra or something...etc..
-can you make the upgrade abilities more user friendly..(got confused on what to do)
-Can you make ai,so when i dont have friends with me i can still have fun more...(thats going to be hard)..

other than that no bugs...loved it,very fun dude.. :D:goblin_boom: