• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is this map file corrupted and useless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I really don't know what happend to this map file. I do believe my desktop may have "crashed" and reset (Whole screen flashes black for 0.1sec) during saving.

However the map loads and is openable in WE, so I am not 100% sure.

This is what happens ingame for me though:

The hero picker (Wisp) will not walk properly and instead instantly teleport randomly around or sometimes not moving at all, thus not being able to select a hero I exit the map which leads to a black screen (aka wc3 crashing).

Can anyone confrm what's wrong with this map file? Is it corrupted or just badly triggered?

Last edited:
Level 7
I tried it and the wisp teleported twice and didnt move at all, when I tried to exit it crashed the game and I couldnt stop the process because access was denied. I had to go to the applications tab of the task manager to do it.

Yup, just as I stated. I take it the file is corrupted then, almost made up for the lost work by now.

Thanks for letting me know.

Edit: Ehh... discovered the actual problem. I had one folder with triggers that I copied twice and adjusted, copying like 20 triggers pieces at once may have corrupted the trigger scripts or something. Going to try and copy them 1 by 1 and see if that works.

Edit 2: Realized spamming the "Unit enters entire map" event over several triggers caused the map to glitch. Scrapped the trigger and the map works fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.