• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

IS there a way to disable alt key?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Well, I've been working in a map ryt now and I find alt key would destroy the environment made by the game. It's a stealth game and does not depend on usual invisibilty skills but on natural stealth talents so Alt would be pain in d ass..

Is there any way?

Level 8
  • Game - Enable pre-selection functionality (Disable pre-selection circles, life bars, and object info)
That negative selection circle thing is great. I'm gonna rep+

Level 5
@ toofless

I think that's not available in my version.. Im just 1.22

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=81742

Aloc (Locust): A unit that is given locust becomes unselectable, untargetable and ignores any pathing limitations. This means it can only be controlled and ordered with triggers. It won't show a life bar over its head too. Now to get rid of locust UnitRemoveAbility(u, 'Aloc') won't work therefore you'll need to chaos transform the unit into a different temporary unit type and immediately transform it back. However if the unit had been transformed with a chaos ability before then adding locust will make it unselectable but still targetable and it will also obey pathing rules. Another option to get rid of locust is the following hiding the unit, removing the ability and unhiding it again.

Collapse JASS:
JASS:
function UnitRemoveLocust takes unit u returns nothing
    local boolean backup = not IsUnitHidden(u)
    call ShowUnit(u, false)
    call UnitRemoveAbility(u, 'Aloc')
    call ShowUnit(u, backup)
endfunction

This solution has some side effects. The health bar above the unit as well as the player name when you move your mouse over the unit will not be shown any more. So this would also be a trick to get rid of those tooltips and health bars.

53676d1241395202-there-way-disable-alt-key-help-7.jpg

Attachments

• Help 7.jpg
    Help 7.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 247
Status
Not open for further replies.