• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Is there a way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am working on a maze map and I've notice some triggers have become easier to work with and so I was wondering is there a way to have the event be something like "unit comes within 50 of unit((any unit owned by player (____))" I can't seem to find a way around it, I attempted to work around it with variables but no progress there.

Perhaps there is just a simpler way to trigger the collision deaths?

Thank you for your time!

Level 39
No, there is only the ‘specific unit’ version of that event. You can, however, pick all units owned by that player, loop through them, and dynamically add an event for that unit to the appropriate trigger. I presume all these hazard units are permanent so you won’t need to do that again?

The other way is to periodically pick all units owned by that player and check in a radius around each unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.