• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Is there a way to convert Campaign Units to Melee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ham

Ham

Level 5
is this what you were looking for?

melee.jpg

+rep if i helped you :wink:

Level 5
doesnt really matter if its in melee anyway. any unit in the editor can be used. campaign classifictaion doesnt mean it can only be used in the campaign:wink:

Level 35
Any way to save all this? >.>

...save? If you are implying that you are changing a melee unit and wish to make a copy of it with the same statistics, your best shot would then be to copy and paste it on the left hand side of the Object Editor. Otherwise, if you are implying that you simply wish to save the map, I would have figured that to be only too easy.

Level 2
...save? If you are implying that you are changing a melee unit and wish to make a copy of it with the same statistics, your best shot would then be to copy and paste it on the left hand side of the Object Editor. Otherwise, if you are implying that you simply wish to save the map, I would have figured that to be only too easy.

No, I mean whenever I close the editor, then open it back up, The unit I converted is gone.

Thanks.

P.S. Im seriously giving rep to you xD

Level 2
I don't know if you are asking what I think you are, so I will answer and hope I give you what you need.

You open a map up, add your doodads, make your stat changes and so on and so forth. When you finish for that period of time, go to file > save map. (Generally suggested you do this alot during that period in case theres a crash or something and you don't wanna lose a bunch of work.)

After that, if you open the editor and go to file > open map or just open your map from file almost at the bottom is a list of y our most recently edited maps. Open whatever you saved the map as and it should all be there.

Making changes to stats and the like to a map, only change it for THAT map. Though I do believe using the Cut and Paste on all your custom data will allow you to move it fairly easily from one map to another.

Level 35
No, I mean whenever I close the editor, then open it back up, The unit I converted is gone.

Thanks.

P.S. Im seriously giving rep to you xD

Are you sure you saved the map? You can't convert a unit's race or classification and expect to see it like that in any other map. Basically, anything you change in the Object Editor is unique for that map, and must be saved to keep it for that map alone. If you want to transfer these changes to other maps, go to (in the Object Editor) File then click on Export All Object Data and save it in your Warcraft 3 directory. Then, when there's a map you want to put your changes into, just go to File (again in the Object Editor) and click on Import All Object Data. Then you select your saved file from your Warcraft 3 directory, and it should be done! BTW, this is also how to create custom AI: You import that object data into the AI editor and change it as you wish. Well, good luck!

Bod

Bod

Level 2
You can save the unit(for example)but only for that map.I think you are asking to save the unit for all maps you are creating so u wouldnt create the same unit with the same stats as the saved unit and all those things.If you mean on this i think you cant do that.But if someone knows i really want to know

Status
Not open for further replies.