• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

is there a religion influence in World Of Warcraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I was just searching in wowpedia about wow lore and i suddenly ended on this
confusing thing about silverpine forest fenris isle,and the first thing that came to my mind is the odd shape of the island which resembles islam religious simbol,at first i was like well nothing wrong with that ,but the i went deep into the material and i found that the island s previous form was CROSS(christian religious symbol)!
What do you thing about this pointless thing that i wrote?i'm just curious about this,and more lately i see the islam religious symbol in another places on azeroth!

http://wow.gamepedia.com/File:WorldMap-Silverpine.jpg

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Cross_Island

Level 24
My thoughts... I don't understand what the issue should be there are already several more religious mentions and religions that are mentioned way more frequent than the Abrahamic religions. For example the traditional Scandinavian religion "Forn sed" (ancient ways) where all the keepers of Ulduar are named after Scandinavian deities. Hodir after Odin, Freja after Freyja, Thorim after Thor, Mimiron after Mimer and Tyr after Tyr. In addition we have the tree Nordrasil which is name after Yggdrasil, Odyn who also is named after Odin, Utgard which is named after Utgård, Jormungar which is named after Jörmungandur and lots and lots of other names.

I doubt that Blizzard is trying to promote one religion over another and if there is one than that is forn sed.

Level 2
That's just an Arc a croissant or whatever it's called in English and that symbol is not sacred in any way in Islam it's just a symbol we like to put on our flags. And based on your way of thinking : anything with a curve is an Islamic propaganda.

Level 11
My thoughts... I don't understand what the issue should be there are already several more religious mentions and religions that are mentioned way more frequent than the Abrahamic religions. For example the traditional Scandinavian religion "Forn sed" (ancient ways) where all the keepers of Ulduar are named after Scandinavian deities. Hodir after Odin, Freja after Freyja, Thorim after Thor, Mimiron after Mimer and Tyr after Tyr. In addition we have the tree Nordrasil which is name after Yggdrasil, Odyn who also is named after Odin, Utgard which is named after Utgård, Jormungar which is named after Jörmungandur and lots and lots of other names.

I doubt that Blizzard is trying to promote one religion over another and if there is one than that is forn sed.
There is actually an Odin in Legion. (Or something like it with a letter changed.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.