• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] Is there a maximum number of optional quests in TFT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi guys,

it some time since I last visited here, but now I'm almost done with my campaign map. However, I just realized that I can't have more than 6 optional quests in my map. Once I "detect" the 7th quest (order does not matter) the last one is not available :-((( Is there a way to change this?

Also I had to solve a problem in a unusual way. I wanted to hide a unit upon a trigger putting it in a cage. Is the cage destroyed, the unit unhides and is available again. Nothing worked out!
No trigger accepted this dying doodad to unhide the unit (either using a variable or storage in unit group). So I changed a unit and gave it the cage-model. Now it works, but I would really
like to know why it has to be this complicated...

Looking forward to some feedback and many thanks in advance!

Meanwhile I found a Quest variable was used twice (copy paste) so only one of two quests could be activated. sorry....

Last edited:
Level 25
However, I just realized that I can't have more than 6 optional quests in my map. Once I "detect" the 7th quest (order does not matter) the last one is not available :-((( Is there a way to change this?
Either there is some hidden limit to something, or you are doing something wrong on your side. The following trigger in my case creates 60 quests without issues (30 required, 30 optional)
  • Untitled Trigger 003
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 2.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 30, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Quest - Create a Required quest titled (String((Integer A))) with the description (String((Integer A))), using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
          • Quest - Enable (Last created quest)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 30, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Quest - Create a Optional quest titled (String((Integer A))) with the description (String((Integer A))), using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
          • Quest - Enable (Last created quest)

Also I had to solve a problem in a unusual way. I wanted to hide a unit upon a trigger putting it in a cage. Is the cage destroyed, the unit unhides and is available again. Nothing worked out!
No trigger accepted this dying doodad to unhide the unit (either using a variable or storage in unit group). So I changed a unit and gave it the cage-model. Now it works, but I would really
like to know why it has to be this complicated...
It won't get any easier than this:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Destructible - Summer Tree Wall 0000 <gen> dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Dying destructible)) facing Default building facing degrees

leak-free version:
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Destructible - Summer Tree Wall 0000 <gen> dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set VariableSet loc = (Position of (Dying destructible))
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at loc facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_loc)

Status
Not open for further replies.