• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Is it possible to Skin Imported Models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have imported villager male model, that looks like normal villager male, but has more animations (It can be found from hive workshops models). Is there anyway to skin it?

Yes, I guess you are speaking of the Villager with 40 animations model. Well, of course you can, since it has in-game textures. You need to get Warcraft III Viewer or Power MPQ to retrieve the skin of the villager. To save your time, here is the skin converted to tga, ready to be painted: View attachment VillagerMale.TGA

But, for your information, you can go to Warcraft III Viewer, go to View -> Find and type "Villager" for example. Then, any name-related to villager will show up in the search results. You want to go for *.blp files, since they are files that cover skins. Double click it and then go to Current File -> Extract (and convert) BLP...; I suggest using .tga as an export format.
Reference:
[•] http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools.php?id=rgy4bk

Level 7
Yo! Dude I have few questions?...
I've downloaded some skins from the skin section, how can I apply them to units Obviously it's not like to change the model of a unit.
Is there a way of applying a skin to a unit and keep the original one at the same time?
(Hope you got right meaning of all this)

Level 7
Thanks, but its kinda too complicated for me at the moment (I just begun working with the editor... so I'm a total beginner.) So more important to me is to know: Is it possible to use a skin on a unit and use the same unit with it's original skin on the same map? (Ex.: I have the original Wolf Rider on a map and because I can't add skin to the Rider but I used an alternative way of skinning I copy/pasted a skinned Wolf Rider from another map and so I skinned the wolf rider on my map but I don't have the original Rider model anymore!) Isn't it possible to have both?

Level 7
What program do I need to convert .jpg files to .blp files? That WORKS on Windows 7, 64 bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.