• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing Unit Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Can someone tell me how to import and use unit skins as in like the blood elf archer by 67_chrome or Draenei Male Shaman i think by 67_chrome also. do you guys know how to import or use those skins?if there is a tutorial can someone pls send me a link of it thanks!

Level 9
I'm a little bit confused about the path name part it said that i just had to Tick the custom path and replace "war3mapimported" to Textures and i did what it told me and save it and then i closed the world editor and reopen it but nothing happened it's just the same skin as the original one maybe i have to do more than just changing the path name to Textures?*Sigh....... * the path name really confuses me.:slp::confused:2:eekani::cry:

Level 28
So you want to overwrite the original skin with a custom one ? In that case you will have to open the model with a model viewer tool such as Magos or Mdx Pather and find the path it uses. For example : The high elf archer skin uses this path :
Units\Creeps\HighElfArcher\HighElfArcher.blp

Level 9
So you want to overwrite the original skin with a custom one ? In that case you will have to open the model with a model viewer tool such as Magos or Mdx Pather and find the path it uses. For example : The high elf archer skin uses this path :
Units\Creeps\HighElfArcher\HighElfArcher.blp
Yes that is exactly what i'm trying to do. Do you mean i have to copy it's path name if i'm able to find it and use that path name as the path name of the skin i have imported in the import manager - meaning instead of naming it to Textures as i have mentioned before i have to use the exact path name of that skin? MEANING:"war3mapimported what ever that skin is.blp" into "Units\Creeps\_____\______.blp exactly what the model viewer shows me it's path name? (Trying to be precise:pgrin::pgrin::pgrin:)

Level 28
Yes that is exactly what i'm trying to do. Do you mean i have to copy it's path name if i'm able to find it and use that path name as the path name of the skin i have imported in the import manager - meaning instead of naming it to Textures as i have mentioned before i have to use the exact path name of that skin? MEANING:"war3mapimported what ever that skin is.blp" into "Units\Creeps\_____\______.blp exactly what the model viewer shows me it's path name? (Trying to be precise:pgrin::pgrin::pgrin:)
Exactly.

Level 9
Ok what i just said before where only half true you do need to put textures on the blp you have imported. What i did is i opened the import manager and imported the unit skin which is the Draenei Male Shaman and change the custom path War3mapimported\Druidofthetalon.blp To Textures\Druidofthetalon.blp
And then i imported the SAME file again but with a different custom path as what Warseeker said i used the original units model skin path which is the Unit\Nightelf\Druidofthetalon\Druidofthetalon i copied it and paste it to the new blp file i have just imported which is the Druidofthetalon.blp and the new custom path of it is now Unit\Nightelf\Druidofthetalon\Druidofthetalon.blp and then after that i clicked ok and then saved the map closed it and reopen it and when i go to night elf units and click druid of the talon unit it now has turned into the draenei Male Shaman i was intending to use so that i how i imported the skin actually this is the first time i have imported a unit skin and i did it sucessfully so hooray:grin::grin::grin::grin: thanks by the way for helping and giving advices Warseeker maybe without you giving me advices i may have not got idea of what i have now so thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.