• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Is it possible to make, that computers in custom game used old and new heroes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So is it possible??? For example: I have four humans heroes (Palandin, Blood mage, mouthain king and the last one) and I want that computer in custom game used not only these heroes, but and those witch I created.:vw_sad:

Last edited:
Level 11
If I understand your question right, do you want to add more hero-types for a melee map.

Open the World Editor and open a melee map that blizzard have already made, make your hero and then put your hero in the 'units sold' under an altar.

Otherwise, if you want to do a map from scratch should you press Ctrl+N and follow the tutorials here from the hive.

EDIT: And yes, if you've opened a Blizzard made map, make sure you 'save as' with a custom name, instead of just 'save' it, otherwise will you overwrite the map.

Level 2
No you did'nt understand my question quite good. You see I now how to add more heroes on Altar, but I want that those added heroes would be used by other players (computers). You see computers always trains those four Heroes and I want that he trained those old heroes and new created heroes.

Level 11
AI why do it have to be AI...?
6.jpg

Okey. After a reasearch to solve this, I used the AI editor to sneak after clues. I found a special tab called 'heroes' that showed me the names of the certain heroes that's usally used in the maps. After a few hopless attemps to add my custom hero there, I finally figured out that I had to Export the map data from the map and import it into the AI editor.

Do as I wrote and do you own changes in the AI editor.
attachment.php

Attachments

• AI.jpg
    AI.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 140
Level 27
AI why do it have to be AI...?

Okey. After a reasearch to solve this, I used the AI editor to sneak after clues. I found a special tab called 'heroes' that showed me the names of the certain heroes that's usally used in the maps. After a few hopless attemps to add my custom hero there, I finally figured out that I had to Export the map data from the map and import it into the AI editor.

Do as I wrote and do you own changes in the AI editor.

Oh, so that's a mising link! And I was thinking, why can't it see custiom units!..

Status
Not open for further replies.