• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] AI Editor - More than three heroes as options for the computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So, I'm attempting to make it so that the computer players will chose a hero from a list of four (or more). Surrently, the AI editor only allows the computer a pool of three heroes.

Example: if you open a new map, and open the AI editor, it shows that the computer will only go with the Paladin, Archmage, and/or Mountain King; to me this indicated that the computer will never use a Blood Mage.

Am I incorrect in how I read that? If I am correct, is there a way to list more heroes as an option but still keep all players limited to three built during the game? If I am incorrect, how can I ensure that custom Heroes are an option for the computer?

Example: I made the Elven Ranger campaign hero an option for the computer, listed it as a hero under Gameplay Constants. Will a computer player automatically consider making one or do I have to do anything extra to ensure the computer chooses one of the five Alliance Heroes?

I've searched for similar threads, but nothing came up in my searches. I've also checked some of the popular tutorials, but they don't seem to cover this particular issue.

Thanks!

Level 7
If you just open the AI editor it's not actually showing a script used, it's just loading up a default template same as how it makes a generic map when you open the world editor. If you want the AI to use new heroes you'll have to write your own script. If it's a melee script you can easily use the ai editor to write one. If you want to edit the base ones you can find them in the Warcraft III folder but you'll have to use CASC - viewer. (and edit them with a text editor cause they're not openeable in the ai editor)

The AI editor only lets you pick three heroes, so you could either write a full script using the text editor or make multiple ai editor files and use triggers to randomly pick between them.

Level 4
Hey guys. Wouldn't it be enough to make a trigger:
When Player(Computer) begins Hero training
Stop training
Choose a hero from all.
Order player to begin the chosen hero training.
(just guessing)

Level 7
Hmm, I think it wouldn't really work cause a) the AI wouldn't consider it part of it's attack or defense group. And B) skill training is done using the AI script as well, though I suppose you could code that.

Status
Not open for further replies.