• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is it possible to insert negative Integer values?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, Is it possible to insert negative Integer values in the object editor?
I know that works with Real values.
I wanna create a scroll that decreases nearby enemy units' armor. I wanted to reverse the effect of scroll of protection but i think it's impossible to insert negative Integer values in the object editor and i can't use Howl of terror nor Roar because they're already in-use in my map and i don't wanna use buffs that do not stack. Also, faerie fire reveals units so that's out the window. :p
What do you think guys?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
May i ask how did you know about that ?
Everyone knows it because WC3 is a very old game...

Be aware that negative armor has an effective cap at -20 or -40 or something like that. Lowring a units armor below that does not make them take more damage, although large negative numbers still are needed to cancel out positive armor.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Negative armor also does not get affected by an armor multiplier specified in gameplay constants. It's always the default
As such, in maps who set the armor multiplier to something like 0.1, it can end up being very unbalanced.

Negative armor also does not get affected by an armor multiplier specified in gameplay constants. It's always the default
Sadly, this is true.
it can end up being very unbalanced.
somehow sounds like to low armor values for armor multi 0.01 are used
or it's dat imba armor reduction skill, taking so much armor :) reaching armor below 0.

-Armor cap is -20 with 71% damage boost, by the formel 2 - 0.94 ^(-armor) .
for some wierd reason dat 0.94 is constant and not (1 - armor multi) as one would assume.​
71% additional damage => 58,8% EHP, quite powerful anyway.

would the armor multi work for 0.01 the cap would be ~ -123 to -120 armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.