• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Is it possible to create a pause feature where the player can issue/que up orders?

Level 1
I want to create a pause feature where the player can que up orders that will commence the moment they unpause the game.

is there a way to do this in warcraft 3's editor?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I want to create a pause feature where the player can que up orders that will commence the moment they unpause the game.

is there a way to do this in warcraft 3's editor?
No, not without a very special system that would need to affect all facets of the game.

You do have this pause Action though:
  • Unit - Pause (some unit)
  • Unit - Pause all units
This would disable and freeze buff timers on a unit or units, so it does some of what you want, but this won't affect everything.

You can also Pause timers, but these would have to be timers that you've set yourself, so your map needs to be designed entirely around this concept.

So it could be possible depending on how you want your map to work - but if you're new to the editor then I would give up on this idea for now.