• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Paused unit, never gets unpaused again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I dont really have a question, as i solved it already. anyways i found it to be strange bug that also no one seemed to come accross so far (at least i couldnt find any posts regarding it).

so here is what i did:

i based my spell on berserk to have it instant
then i do some effect things and aoe things using 4 queued timers (0,2 sec/0,1 sec/0,1 sec and 0,1 sec)
on the cast of the ability i paused my unit to have some animations play, after the last timer i unpause it again.

when i use the ability normally nothing wierd happens.

but in a test run of wtii today one player got stunned by an enemy before he used that ability, he probabaly pressed the hotkey to que the ability up and have it cast as soon as the stun was over.

that worked but his unit was never unpaused again.

i did some testing and found that when i order the unit by trigger to use the skill the same thing would happen, but when i use the skill manually its working fine.

this should not have any effect on it right? - thats what i thought too.

i removed the pausing the unit line from the "unit starts effect of ability" part and added a 0,01 sec timer instead, when that timer expires it does pause the unit.

that fixed the issue.

the wierd part is that somehow, but having the "ai" use the spell - either by trigger or by the order being queued up - something messes up the pause/unpause unit function.
while testing i added text outputs to the trigger to show me when ever a timer expires the name of the stored unit in my "caster" variable.
on all instances it never lost the unit, just didnt unpause it.

as i said, it seems that i worked it out by adding a short delay before pausing the unit, the question is: was that already known? is that maybe some new bug that came with a recent update? - other than that i just wanted to share this with u, just in case u might came accross the same issue.

have a good one

PauseUnit() has always been weird. Must've been a complication with Berserk having its own order queue and/or being stunned at the moment of use. Perhaps people never get into this combo event before that anyone reported the issue, but orders always been a pain that you need a wait event, at least for the autocast detection. Nice findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.