• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ironthorn Greathelm

Reactions: deepstrasz
The Ironthorn Greathelm.
Legends holds that the helm was once worn by a great warrior of the north.
He was known for his ferocious battle skills and spiking his enemies in their faces with his own helm was a signature tactic.
Even though the north was his home he still finally got bested by a horrible blizzard not far from his home village.
Bandits found his corpse as the first and all of his belongings were lost, this helm included.

Edit:
The corresponding icon can be found here:
Ironthorn Greathelm

Update 1:
-Forgot to give the metal rim in the bottom of the helm the right material. Fixed now.

Keywords:
Iron, thorn, greathelm, helm, helmet, hat, spike, red
Contents

Ironthorn Greathelm (Model)

Reviews
16:47, 13th Aug 2015 Misha: Looks and performs very nicely ingame :)
While I wont deny their quality, it's most likely I will delegate all attachment moderation to Misha.
Why not construct the attachments indiviudally, piece it together and release it as badass units? ;O

The thought has struck me but I still need to read up on animating War3 models before I'll be able to make anything useful out of the attachments :)
Actually I am practicing animation with another model as we write.

Level 25
I think this should be approved so people can see the text...oh I mean this looks great! The quality feels so great though, but for that quality I bet you can't just sacrifice some vertices I mean look at that, it looks cool, and for that filesize you have no choice. Though you could still optimize it with Mdlvis or other tools.

But I think you should change that Red texture into something more metallic, it slightly looks like flesh right now.

I think this should be approved so people can see the text...oh I mean this looks great! The quality feels so great though, but for that quality I bet you can't just sacrifice some vertices I mean look at that, it looks cool, and for that filesize you have no choice. Though you could still optimize it with Mdlvis or other tools.

But I think you should change that Red texture into something more metallic, it slightly looks like flesh right now.

That was a complicated way of saying you think the file size is too big ;)

Anyway. If you look at the mesh in the 3d viewer you can see I have clamped a lot of the mesh, especially on the front of the helm.
I have tried optimizing the model as much as possible without sacrificing the quality of the texture.

I know the models I have uploaded are costly to have in a multiplayer map.

The red texture will stay for now unless the majority of users (who comment) "demands" otherwise.