• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

inventory system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I know jass but not a lot. i was thinking to make my game inventory system with multiboards(arrow keys). But clicking is superior i guess.

is there any way by which we could click through a multiboard.

Level 28
in that case gui is jass too oO
It is, you should know that yourself.

and it is possible in GUI even without trackables
see my signature
Trackables and JASS are preferred if you want to have a smooth system.
Of course, it's possible (never said it wasn't), but afaik the best option to mimic the TKoK systems isn't your system (sorry, that is my own opinion).

I've made a similar system to Anachron's similar system, left-click and everything. It's in my sig and it's full GUI, but I don't recommend it to beginners.
If you don't want to test my map, the basic principle is destroying and re-creating dummy destructibles at different slot locations. These destructables use icons as their texture, so ingame, they actually look like icons. You can apply this with detecting dummy unit left-clicks, or you can use trackables in GUI(see D4RK G4ND4LF's sig).
BTW, selection thing is:
  • Select
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Or you can make the selection MPI with --------
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Add to (This trigger) the event (Player - (Picked player) Selects a unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.