• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Simple İnventory System -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi guys, your loser friend is here again :D

Although I can't solve the duel problem completely, I have another site that I need.

I know there are lots of Iventory Systems and Bag Systems on the market. Yes, I have tried almost all of them.

But I need a simpler system.

as follows; I buy a slot multiplier item from the seller. When I click on the item, another inventory opens. When I put an item in this opened inventory and return to the first inventory, the properties of the item I put are still active. Most of the items on the market are not active in the 2nd inventory.
It has to be active. Waiting for your help :D

The essence of the matter is that when we put the +15 attack item in the second inventory, it should be active.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You need to manually add the item abilities to your unit instead of relying on the normal item system:
  • Unit - Add Attack Damage Bonus +15 to (Triggering unit)
I recommend learning how to do this stuff yourself otherwise you're never going to get anywhere.

Also, you're using an outdated versions of Warcraft 3 (unless you updated) so most of us can't really do the work for you even if we tried.

Last edited:
Level 1
You need to manually add the item abilities to your unit instead of relying on the normal item system:
  • Unit - Add Attack Damage Bonus +15 to (Triggering unit)
I recommend learning how to do this stuff yourself otherwise you're never going to get anywhere.

Also, you're using an outdated versions of Warcraft 3 (unless you updated) so most of us can't really do the work for you even if we tried.
Yes, uncle, I know that I will never be able to do it.
My whole goal is to design a map just in the style I want and play that map with friends again.

I don't know if I can explain it now, but; An item that does not have a hero feature, but has an item feature.
When we buy the item from the seller and click on that item in the inventory, it should open 6 new slots.
In other words, it will be the 1st inventory and the 2nd inventory.
2. When we buy a weapon with attack feature in the inventory and return to the 1st inventory, that attacking item should not lose its property.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Yes, uncle, I know that I will never be able to do it.
My whole goal is to design a map just in the style I want and play that map with friends again.

I don't know if I can explain it now, but; An item that does not have a hero feature, but has an item feature.
When we buy the item from the seller and click on that item in the inventory, it should open 6 new slots.
In other words, it will be the 1st inventory and the 2nd inventory.
2. When we buy a weapon with attack feature in the inventory and return to the 1st inventory, that attacking item should not lose its property.
Why would you never be able to do it? With enough time and effort you can do it, I guarantee it.

I played around with the world editor for 13 years without knowing what I was doing. All it took was a year of reading and asking questions on Hive and now I can do just about anything I want. It takes a lot of trial and error but in the end you will be very happy with the results.

Level 39
What Uncle described is what you need to do.

Items in Wc3 have abilities attached to them in the Object Editor. The attached abilities determine what stats the item provides. For example: the Claws of Attack +12 don't actually have a data field that sets the damage bonus given to the unit that holds the item; instead it uses the ability 'AIct' Item Damage Bonus +12 to give the bonus. In editing that ability (but not the item) there is a field to set the damage bonus provided by the ability which is linked to the item.

When you pick up an item, the game adds to the unit the appropriate passive abilities that are linked to that item in the Object Editor. When you drop the item, those abilities are automatically removed from the unit. If an item is not actually in a unit's 6-slot item inventory (which is what you want to achieve here by 'hiding' items inside other items) then that unit will not have the passive abilities linked to that item. Full stop; there is no way to get around this limitation. In order for this sort of a system to work, you (as a developer/mapmaker) will have to manually add/remove the item abilities to/from the unit as it picks up/acquires/drops/uses the items in its inventory.

This is a slightly difficult thing to do for a couple of reasons:
  1. You need to know exactly when an item enters a unit's inventory and when it leaves its inventory, as well as if items are consumed.
  2. You need to know which abilities should be associated with the item, so that you may add/remove them as appropriately determined by step 1. You could potentially just use the Abilities - Abilities field for items to store their relevant related abilities (since fields like that can be read with triggers now), but that would get complex in the case where a unit picks up an item and keeps it in its main inventory (where it would normally provide its stats/bonuses through those abilities) instead of hiding it in a sub-inventory. Instead you'll likely make a database using some parallel arrays or a hashtable to store which abilities 'go with' each item.
  3. If multiple items use the same passive ability, it is not a problem for normal wc3 item behavior (gives stats only when inventory). But if you try to add an ability to a unit that already has that ability... then its stats won't go up when you expected it to! You'll have to account for this as well.
  4. God help you if you have item combinations in your map like DotA.
That being said, this really is something you're going to have to figure out and make on your own because of the editor version you're running. Since you won't be able to open any maps anyone sends to you (or even open your own map once someone else has opened it, saved, and sent it ack to you) you'll have to rely on outdated systems available here in the resources section or get better about writing triggers!

Level 1
Well ofmo what you want to make is not easy because you will need to add every effect manually. At least for me this type of trigger is to complex.

When we switch to the 1st inventory again, is it a complex thing that the attack bonus given by the items in the 2nd inventory is active? Because my goal is to put HP, mana pots in the 1st inventory. It can be to put weapons in the 2nd inventory or vice versa.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
When we switch to the 1st inventory again, is it a complex thing that the attack bonus given by the items in the 2nd inventory is active? Because my goal is to put HP, mana pots in the 1st inventory. It can be to put weapons in the 2nd inventory or vice versa.
Warcraft 3 only supports up to 6 items in an inventory.

A unit can only have 1 inventory.

Items can only add their stats (item abilities) while they exist inside of this inventory.

The concept of switching inventories is a trick. You're still using the same inventory the whole time, you're just dropping/picking up items based on which inventory "page" you're on. The inactive items (items that aren't on your current page) are NOT in the inventory and instead dropped on the ground and hidden from sight since a unit can't equip more than 6 items.

This is a complex system since you want things that were never intended to exist in Warcraft 3. That being said, it is possible.

Last edited:
Level 1
Warcraft 3 only supports up to 6 items in an inventory.

A unit can only have 1 inventory.

Items can only add their stats (item abilities) while they exist inside of this inventory.

The concept of switching inventories is a trick. You're still using the same inventory the whole time, you're just dropping/picking up items based on which inventory "page" you're on. The unequipped items are NOT in the inventory and instead dropped on the ground and hidden from sight since a unit can't equip more than 6 items.

This is a complex system since you want things that were never intended to exist in Warcraft 3. That being said, it is possible.
It may just be because I misunderstood. What I want is clear in the youtube link I gave, uncle.
https : //www.youtube.com/ watch?v=BCzJbyEznpg

Level 39
It may just be because I misunderstood. What I want is clear in the youtube link I gave, uncle.
https : //www.youtube.com/ watch?v=BCzJbyEznpg
I watched the video before my first very long reply to make sure I understood what you wanted. I do understand, and so does Uncle; we are saying the same thing to you. All of our replies in this thread are about what you would need to make a system like is in that video.
The concept of switching inventories is a trick.
This is important to understand why what you want to do is difficult but not impossible, ofmoment59.

I don't have time for that :)
Sheesh, if you don't have time to complete your own project then at least offer some kind of compensation when asking others to do it for you. I doubt you "work 8 hours a day, 6 days per week" for free, so paying someone else for their time when you don't have time yourself is more than reasonable.

Like Uncle and Pyrogasm said the problem with making a bag item is that is not easy at all, because some aspects from war 3 are not very easy to change like the resource in war 3 there are only 3 type of resource (food, gold and lumber) but some creators managed to make 4-5 resources in their maps but that is not easy to achieve. I would really like to help you with this bag item, but it is too hard and also how many items do you have on your map?

Level 1
Like Uncle and Pyrogasm said the problem with making a bag item is that is not easy at all, because some aspects from war 3 are not very easy to change like the resource in war 3 there are only 3 type of resource (food, gold and lumber) but some creators managed to make 4-5 resources in their maps but that is not easy to achieve. I would really like to help you with this bag item, but it is too hard and also how many items do you have on your map?
I give up. I gave up after the comment above, never mind

Status
Not open for further replies.