• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best way to deposit an item from inventory A to inventory B?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
Heya guys!

I'm currently working on a system for depositing items from your main hero's inventory to your "backpack's" inventory bag. I'm wondering if there is any spell that can be used ON an item as to deposit it? Of course this would be made in triggers, but I'm curious as to if there is a way to refer to "Item that the spell has been used on" for an example. Note that I'm not talking about an item already on the ground but inside the hero's actual inventory.

Right now my best solution is to make it command-based but I'd much rather use a more usage-friendly system, such as use a spell on the item inside your inventory that you want to deposit.

Any ideas on this?

Any help or insight on the subject results in +rep :)

One can use any single target spells on items in your own inventory, when allowing item as target in Object Editor.
Owned items are items beeing in an inventory.
Then use somekind of this trigger.
  • Item To backpack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to ToBackpack
      • ((Target item of ability being cast) is owned) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • -------- Repos --------
      • Hero - Give (Target item of ability being cast) to backpack

Status
Not open for further replies.