• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bank Item Deposit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey everyone!

In my RPG I am looking for a sort of "bank" for every player that is external from the user and can have deposited items to carry. I want this, cause it makes it for me alot easier to own items but not always carry them to you. Think about the WoW bank system, where you can deposit your items on the bank, so when your backpack is emptier later on, you can take those items back, but other people cant touch it. Next to this system, I would also appreciate a bank which is commune, so where people can freely "dump" items that everyone can take away of that bank.

So, what I basically need is:

- A "bank" unit/object per player that can store items. This "bank" must be an external unit, so dont come up with bags. The bank must also be only excessable from the player the "bank" is owned by; other players should not be able to drop or remove items from your "bank"

- A "bank" unit/object that works the same as above, but DOES allow people to take and store items on the same bankaccount, so people can "help" each other for example for item recipe ingredients.

As a sidenote you must know that my trigger skills aren't very big, so I'm kinda hoping for a flexible system that isn't too difficult to master. If possible, I would very much appreciate if you could add a demo map with the system or unit that does what I asked, but ofcourse that is not a must.

Thanks in advance,

Syntic

Level 18
Hey, there are various ways of doing this, but I suggest this simple one:

Create small areas surronded by walls and with a small entry. Create the black unblinkable area around it and then if the bank area is owned by p1:

unit enters region:
if owned by p1 and unit type hero then nothing
else
unit move entering unit to outside region.

Also make the items inside invurnable

Level 12
Very simple, just make a new building that does not attack (for example, Scout Tower) and add to it in the Object Manager the abilities:
Invulnerable (Neutral)
Inventory (Hero)

That gives place for six slots, you might want a little more so make two for each player. I suggest to make them all in one region so you know where your bank is.
But if you want way more than 6 items, you could go with bountyhunter2's idea.

Level 5
Very simple, just make a new building that does not attack (for example, Scout Tower) and add to it in the Object Manager the abilities:
Invulnerable (Neutral)
Inventory (Hero)

That gives place for six slots, you might want a little more so make two for each player. I suggest to make them all in one region so you know where your bank is.
But if you want way more than 6 items, you could go with bountyhunter2's idea.

your option i already thought about, but then you can also put items in someone elses inventory, and therefor smaller the space that person has

Level 5
No way. You can only control your units. You cannot give items to enemies, and if you can- just trigger your way out of it.

hehe, point is that all players are friendly to each other =) but I think I have found a sort of way, thanks for your help! If I need more help, could I PM you?

Status
Not open for further replies.