• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Interesting Warlock Zoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
I don't know why, but I'm doing really well with this deck. It doesn't kill quickly, but it doesn't relinquish control of the board either, even against handlock with taunted golems dropped on turn 3.

Warlock Snowball Zoo

Last edited:
Neat. Felguard is an interesting choice. I suppose it is a pretty solid card since you'll eventually get to the point where you are top decking/drawing. It is hard to see as much pressure without doomguards though.

I suppose this deck is tailored for slightly longer games, esp. with things like master swordsmith. I think it could be a pretty solid deck, but I'd probably try to get doomguards into it. They really help for emergency situations, and for finishers. You might even trade leeroy for it.

Level 17
I'll be the first one to say that I've never seen such a deck.
Zoo is about 40% of the ladder right now. Most consider it the most broken "cancerous" deck with win rates above 50% against everything.
The only way to beat it is to have really really good trades and gain board control instead.

As to the deck, I see Felguards instead of Shieldbearers and no Doomguards or Amani Berserkers.
Felguard is certainly an interesting addition given it is pretty hard to top up the mana curve later when you start top decking, though one might argue that if you are in trouble and having to tap every turn you have probably already lost anyway.
The decision to not include Doomguards looks weird to me, what was your reasoning behind that ?

Personally, I run 2x Power Overwhelming one Blood Knight and one Shadowflame to raise my odds against mirror matchups and Handlock/cancer taunt druid.

Level 31
Against zoo, this hasn't lost as of yet. It either dominates it by turn 5 or kills it in the long run due to much higher probability of drawing something to kill it with. It maintains board control throughout the game ^)^, so there is no need for something like Blood Knight to raise odds. Blood Knight is practically useless in all cases, it just slows the deck down. That's one dead card in your hand in almost every game that you draw it =). Better to not go for extremely rare combos.

Two power overwhelming is good, but that raises the probability of having it in the early game. It's a card that only really ever gets useful towards the end of the game, so only one is included in the deck as a way to supplement the other kill cards that are useful earlier in the game as well.

Amani Berserker seems good, but it is too slow (argent squire is better). It is more for a deck that trades and has less taunt (standard zoo trades to maintain board control, this one taunts to maintain board control and forces the opponent to trade, which increases the dps dramatically). It's also practically useless late game, it's only ever useful in the first 3 turns.

Doomguard also seems like a solid play, but it's only ever good if you have no cards in your hand. Losing 2 cards can be devastating, especially considering that there are no useless cards except for Argent Squire in this deck (Argent Squire is only for turn 1-2). This means that Doomguard can't be played early on, but rather way later. Leeroy Jenkins can be played early with no problems. The same goes for Felguard. I've played Felguard on turn 2 with no issues, this deck doesn't need mana. A turn 2 felguard also maintains very deep control of the board and is very difficult to remove, especially when it gets buffed up. So Doomguard is good sure, but it can't be used early in the game, meaning that it is more probable to draw a bad hand and lose control of the board. If the board is lost at the beginning of the game, the chances of you winning are almost nil. If the board is controlled early game, the chances of you winning are very, very high. Doomguard is better on spike decks, not on a deck like this.

Shieldbearer is very excellent against early 3+ damage weapons. With only 2 1 mana taunts, you are gambling against decks that have 3+ damage weapons that they can drop. It also protects Flame Imp and Young Priestess against early agro. However, it is only useful early game. Late game it doesn't do much. Most standard zoo decks run 2 shieldbearers and 2 void walkers. I replace the 2 shieldbearers with 2 felguards, which are useful even in late game and can be played very early.

Except for Shadowflame, I've considered and tested the cards you have recommended ^)^.

Try the deck out as is and then try putting in Doomguard and see what happens ^)^. You'll see what I mean : p. Doomguard can really bite you when you are holding The Dark Knight too. The Dark Knight is an EXCELLENT way to maintain board control mid-late game and keep the face open for hitting ^)^.

The card I'm really considering is King Mukla :eek:, but I don't have it /sad face. I'd love to replace the Argent Squire with it. If anyone could try it out and tell me how it is, I'd love to hear about it.

Level 31
Just so I can get a feel of how good the deck is, how well does it play against Miracle Rogue, Ramp Druid, Freeze Mage, or Control Warrior, and what rank are you at?

Miracle Rogue: lost once, won every other time

Ramp Druid: lost twice (first time due to me not knowing their deck, second time due to 3 aoe very early on followed by taunts, but I've modified this deck since then), won every other time.

Freeze Mage: lost once when I didn't know what this deck was, won every other time

Was stuck at rank 13 for the longest time with various decks (shockadin, miracle rogue, legendary ranked zoolocks, handlock, etc). This is because I am almost always screwed with the opening hand (rarely get even a decent draw, talking 5's and 4's). When I changed to this deck, I started rising again. Right now I'm at rank 7 and still dominating. Don't know if this deck is legendary material yet, but I've beaten decks from hearthpwn that were rated as legendary, so, who knows ; P. I've run into several golden players too and I only lost to one of them.

I edited this deck to be a little better.

Last edited:
Level 34
I`d like to try this out especially since I just got BK. Interesting build though. I thought it looked awful at first, but seeing what you`ve written, I`m interested in trying it. Although I will say doomgaurd would probably still work since your a warlock and you can tap for 2 cards a turn and since every card is good, topdecking isn`t a gamble (much).

I run Trump`s zoo deck. Pretty typical stuff. I really only use it to finish dailys.

Level 31
Tempo warrior is better, lol

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/66170-colma-tempo-warrior-top-50-legend

Really ridiculous deck o_O. The draw power is insanity.

What's interesting is that this deck sucks against sucky decks, but is strong against good decks. Only use it at high ranks, lmao. Every crappy deck I played against (since the reset), I've lost to. Every good deck, I've beaten. I'm on tempo warrior until I can get back up to like rank 10+. I don't know why this is the case, this deck doesn't make any sense, lol. I coulda just gotten hella unlucky.

What I love about tempo warrior is that it is more reliable because of its draw power. I used to love heavy draw power decks in mtg, especially control, because of how reliable they were.

I think the main reason why this deck is so strong is because of the buffs. I drop a 3/5 taunt for 3 mana, which is already strong, then it gets buffed to a 4/5 with taunt, which is starting to get ridiculous. Next turn it turns into a 5/6 to a 6/7 with taunt. It's just overwhelming early power. They remove it, but every other minion is like a 4/4. It makes murlocs look like a joke.

Level 31
Felguard is a 3/5 with taunt. Buffed by weaponsmith, it goes to 4/5. Shattered sun cleric brings it to 5/6 or 6/6 if hit by weaponsmith again. A priestss or blood imp from turn one makes it 4/6 to 6/8 by turn 4. This is the ultimate hand, lol. This is also only one of many early game combos that make this deck ridiculous. For reference, i normally get a 4/7, which is enough to drop a doomguard that's one extra turn away if they have it. I have lost to two doomguards though, dropped on turn 5 and then turn 6. That was one lucky bastard.

I haven't mastered this deck yet either since it plays dif from straight out agro.

In most match i'velost, all minions have been immediately removed. Every turn they stick around is ridiculous.

Level 31
Ok, here is what I've learned.

From rank 20-14, this deck kind of sucks. From rank 13-6+ (don't know how high this goes), this deck can't be beaten, lmao.

From rank 20-14, I use a shaman deck that has a crazy win rate. At rank 13+, the shaman deck starts to lose (this is when I run into legendary cardback players and mass golden heroes). At that point, I start to use this deck, which has a crazy win rate against those players ; P.

I don't know why this deck sucks against sucky decks, lmao.

Tempo warrior starts losing at like rank 17 or something.

So tempo warrior absolutely dominates 20-17, then shaman 17-13, then this deck the rest of the way. After that, the other decks and this deck are probably good in legendary play (dunno though). We'll see ^)^.

Status
Not open for further replies.