• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Int dmg based spells and another problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
Guys I made this 2 triggers and none work.
Can you tell me why or/and make me ones instead ? :grin:

TRIGGER 1
  • Casting
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set CastingTarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • If ((Ability being cast) Equal to Fire Ball (Neutral Hostile)) then do (Unit - Set life of CastingTarget to ((Life of CastingTarget) - (Real(HeroIntelligence[(HeroIntelligence[1] x 2)])))) else do (Do nothing)
  • Int
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set HeroIntelligence[1] = (Intelligence of Hero[1] (Include bonuses))
HeroIntelligence is an Integar
CastingTarget is a unit

SECOND TRIGGER
  • Detect Unit
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Show Damages <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)
  • Show Damages
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set loc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Integer((Damage taken))))) at loc with Z offset 0.00, using font size 6.00, color (50.00%, 50.00%, 50.00%), and 80.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 15.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
loc is an point varibale

Please help me :sad:

Level 12
a. use Unit - Cause UNIT to damage TARGET instead of Unit - Set life, else the caster of Fire Ball wont get bounty when killing, or experience for that matter
b. you see, you are using (Real(HeroIntelligence[HeroIntelligence[1] x 2])), meaning, he will "deal" HeroIntelligence[(Intelligence of Hero[1] + Bonuses) x 2], which you havent set yet
example : Hero[1]s Intelligence is equal to 10+2, then the "damage" will be HeroIntelligence[(10+2) x 2(totaly, 24)], which i presume is not Set to any value
i dont belive that Unit- A unit is Attacked, saves a Triggering unit, but an Attacked unit and an Attacking unit
in other words, use Attacked unit instead of Triggering Unit on the first trigger, and Damaged unit instead of Triggering unit in the second trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.