• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Instant building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows how to make construction instant with triggers?

Im trying to use something like this:
  • instabuild
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins construction
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set (Triggering unit) construction progress to 100%
      • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to 100.00%
But i cant quite get it working :/ Ive seen this type of building done in some TD (cant remember which one).

Ideas?

Level 17
Triggering unit is the worker, right?

• BUILD FAST
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins construction
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Unit - Set (Constructing structure) construction progress to 100%
      • Unit - Set life of (Constructing structure) to 100.00%
Should work

Level 2
Hm I got it working now even though i tried Constructing Unit earlier... Might be the Wait that did the trick :) Thanks

Level 24
Shift Enter can be useful. It has some issues though. For example my friend and I were having an ultimate hero competition. I had it so whenever my hero leveld up he gained something like 9999 stats. At level 3 his strenght became too high and somehow became a negative #. He then died.

Despite this Shift-Enter is an extremly great function.

I still think the minuim build time is one though.

Level 2
The 0 build time is not what im after because I want to be able to toggle instant building with a trigger.

The suggested methods work, but the worker still stops for like a second before moving and building the next tower.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
All modern processors support 64 bit if you have not relised, this includeds most P4s, all dual and quad cores from intel. Not sure about AMD.

Really, it is currently of no good use and only will lower speed and stability.

back on topic

Like I said, try using a timer for less delay, you can get up to pretty much next processing cycle it running via timmers which could be the shortes possiable time to fully complete a building (under 1 frame).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.