• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Installed JassNewGen world editor but cant add more tiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Where do i add more tiles? still have the 13 tile space limit

also do i need to do anything or can i continue making map normally with this new editor?

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
You musn't save the map after you pressed "Change Tileset" or something, otherwise it will save it over the file that you changed the tiles from.

So Simply:
1. Create Map and Save it.
2. Press Edit Tileset and select the tiles you want.
3. Press "Okay" or what ever it is on the Tileset chaging thing.
4. Do not save the map, instead just press the Red X and restart the editor.

For me this works, if I save the map after step 3 the tiles won't change.

And, you can edit the map further with Normal editor and it should work fine (as far as I know (correct me if I am wrong)) you can save it and stuff, just remember that if you exceed limits like in Doodads or Units or such things you must remove all the doodads and units taht are over the limit (which is kinda impossible without loosing the progress)) and also you can not have them both opened so, check first if you can still save the map.

Level 7
Newgen editor

Also why map doesnt have added features like weather? do i need to do something else than just saving map?

i have created map initialization trigger and create weather and enable last created weather

Level 7
Map doesn run if i press test map in editor, gives some error

But i am able to play the map if i start warcraft 3 and play custom game from there.

Issue is that changes do not save even though i save the map pressing ctrl + s

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Well there might be some errors in NewGen editor testing, have you unpacked it from Zip?
And if you have a virusprotections like Avira, your protection might have deleted some parts of NewGen.

Did you manage to add the tiles you wanted?

For now I would suggest to use normal editor instead while editing the map. (If you can save the map in Normal Editor). Also, are you sure you are editing the same map (NewGen and Normal Editor might save two different maps, if you added tiles there might be TheMap.w3m and TheMap.w3x

Status
Not open for further replies.