• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I have some similar problems about not being able to run though, except my files inside are corrupted and I've tried to get them back again.
Well, I've succeeded a little but there seems to be a problem with Storm.dll, I'm thinking you could check that out too.
Or you could do another re-install, this time completely ridding the computer of Warcraft III by using the Control Panel to uninstall the game, then trying it again, it worked for me.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I assume you are using a windows Vista or 7 operating system?

1. Use regedit to remove all WC3 settings and options (they are stored in your system registry).
2. Delete all your WC3 program files. Remember to leave saves, replays, campaigns and maps at your discression (do not delete a map you want to keep for example).
3. Install WC3 RoC as an administrator (Choose run as administrator when opening installer).
4. Install WC3 TFT as an administrator (Choose run as administrator when opening installer).
5. Run WC3 TFT as an administrator (Choose run as administrator when opening game).
6. Update WC3 TFT to the lattest version by logging into BattleNet.
7. After update, repeat step 5 and then move on to whatever you want to do.

Be aware that if you are trying to install eithor RoC or TFT by online download it might be best to download and install both. Also it may not be possible to mix different localizations of WC3 (like a UK TFT with a DE RoC).

Status
Not open for further replies.