• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hmph OK, pretty much this thread is for posting your injuries, worst, least, physical, emotional, memorable, visual and what-not, being someone who has never broken a bone or even had stitches or was even hospitalized (yes I have health insurance, no I'm not poor) I'm curious to see just what the trend in injuries are compared to other people as it relates to me, at least on the Hive, and please try to keep it clean, no one wants to hear about your emotional damage when you were caught by your parents doing that thing on your computer, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! Soooooo I'll begin.
My worst... physical or at the very least memorable injury would have to be when I was 7 or 8 and I had to ride my bike for the first time without training wheels, I somehow ended up riding straight into one of those bushes with thorns n sh*t in them, I mean why the f*ck are there thorn bushes right next to the sidewalk where people ride their bikes?! There wasn't really that much blood, more like punctures when I finally got free, so many swollen spots on my back and sides since those were the parts that hit the damn thing full force, but overall I was OK, it felt and looked to me a lot worse than it really was, on the bright side I learned how to ride a bike properly. So... who thinks they can top that? Who I ask? WHO?!

Note: I don't consider purposefully self inflicted injuries relevant, don't need to hear the sad story, the aftermath, the lost love, the bla bla, a quick line or two about an injury that was important to you would suffice in being a good contribution to this thread at the very least, things like cutting yourself don't seem like a very good criteria for the topic I put forward, kinda promotes that negative attitude and/or suicidal behavior.

Last edited:
Level 6
I will sound retarded by revealing this buuut....

Not too long ago in a not too far-off land there was a boy. Said boy rode his bike 40m/h off a 3 foot ramp and slid down a 30 foot, 45 degree hill sandwiched between his bike and the pavement. The skin was scraped off his arm from half his bicep to 3 inches below his elbow (left arm). His chest and legs weren't hurt as bad, but he has scarring on his arm and on his body.

Top that!

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I've had my head glued together.

I think I'll leave it without more details because it sounds much more extreme than it really was when you just read that line.

Level 9
Uhhh.. is this thread really "cool"?
i can imagine:

"my most memorable injury was when I cut my wrists... /cry /cry sad day, i broke up with my gf.. now i look at the scar...it reminds me of the love I lost.. I still love you baby..."

I don't consider purposefully self inflicted injuries relevant, don't need to hear the sad story, the aftermath, the lost love, the bla bla, a quick line or two about an injury that was important to you would suffice in being a good contribution to this thread at the very least, things like cutting yourself don't seem like a very good criteria for the topic I put forward, kinda promotes that negative attitude and/or suicidal behavior.

Edit: I'll just add this piece to the first post then.

Last edited:
Level 45
I don't consider purposefully self inflicted injuries relevant, don't need to hear the sad story, the aftermath, the lost love, the bla bla, a quick line or two about an injury that was important to you would suffice in being a good contribution to this thread at the very least, things like cutting yourself don't seem like a very good criteria for the topic I put forward, kinda promotes that negative attitude and/or suicidal behavior.
Might want to clear that up in the first post in a more concrete way. If this wasnt said im sure SOMEONE would of said "i do self harm" eventually ;P

Level 9
"my most memorable injury was when I cut my wrists... /cry /cry sad day, i broke up with my gf.. now i look at the scar...it reminds me of the love I lost.. I still love you baby..."

lol@ kimberly

well, once upon a time, a little boy aged 5 jumped into the swimming pool without any swimming gear and nearly drowned. the doctors said it was a miracle that the boy survived, he should have died because the water already filled his lungs. the end.

Level 8
it seems when i was about 9-10 my kidney deided it likes doing backflips, so it did. Had to go to surgery, nothing else that's major.
oh oh oh, my brother once fell down these stairs from a house, they go from the street to the yard which is maybe 6 feet above the street, and on each side of the stairs is a ramp for car wheels, so he tripped and slid all the way down on his face, skin was scraped off and stuff, but luckily it's near the sea and the salt water prevented scaring.

Level 7
My most memorable "injury" was when I was 10 years old and decided to find out if you really get stuck if you lick a frozen metal pole in the middle of the winter (it was around -20 celsius) like I had seen on TV. And guess what? It sure was like on TV. While a buddy of mine ran of to fetch some hot water I got a panic-attack and tried to pull myself away from the pole like mad. After some time my efforts payed off and I did get loose from the pole. The only bad thing was that a small chunk of my tongue was still on the pole and a steady stream of blood was running from where the chuck had once been...

A week later when I returned to the pole, the chunk of tongue was still there. That was kinda cool o_O

Level 7
Some weeks ago i was running in the school and my shoes slipped out and i felt with my face to the ground i felt just the force with what i felt , then i was walking normal again and with my tongue i found out a bit of my first 2 teeths are missing... i walked to my school mates and "i think i broke my teeth" ...

It didnt even hurt nothing but what i cant understand is...
WHY THE HELL DIDNT I FALL ON MY NOSE ?! i cant remember how i fellt , but naturaly i should fall on my nose that would then hurt like hell but it wouldnt be such a crash for the teeth... it will stay a mystery

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Some weeks ago i was running in the school and my shoes slipped out and i felt with my face to the ground i felt just the force with what i felt , then i was walking normal again and with my tongue i found out a bit of my first 2 teeths are missing... i walked to my school mates and "i think i broke my teeth" ...

It didnt even hurt nothing but what i cant understand is...
WHY THE HELL DIDNT I FALL ON MY NOSE ?! i cant remember how i fellt , but naturaly i should fall on my nose that would then hurt like hell but it wouldnt be such a crash for the teeth... it will stay a mystery

Your nose dodged the impact. It does that sometimes.

Level 7
Your nose dodged the impact. It does that sometimes.

Now i think about what would be better... Broken nose or broken teeth... the nose would hurt and bleed like hell but i think it could be again how it was but... the teeth are forever away...

Level 37
A couple of years ago, while playing football, my meniscus was torn. I had to undergo knee surgery. They had to remove a part of the meniscus, because I delayed going for the surgery for too long, and the torn ends couldn't be attached anymore.

There was a monitor in there when they operated me, and I was able to follow what was going on inside my knee from the monitor. I was actually able to see the little clippers inside there, cutting away the meniscus.

When they injected something in my spine, it was a really weird feeling afterwards, since I couldn't feel or move my leg at all.

All in all it took several months to get to a condition where it didn't hurt to play again, it should have taken only a few weeks.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Yeah, I've lost a piece of a tooth too, nothing major.. I passed out after waking up in a hurry, crashed into the bathroom floor. That's a corner of a tooth I'll never see again, now I've got a substitute that tastes like plastic.

Level 7
Yeah, I've lost a piece of a tooth too, nothing major.. I passed out after waking up in a hurry, crashed into the bathroom floor. That's a corner of a tooth I'll never see again, now I've got a substitute that tastes like plastic.

Yes i should get too a substitute beacuse im too young for the thing that is put on the tooth (i dont know the english word for it) , is the substitute in anyway annoying ?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

By the thing you're too young for, are you referring to a denture?
denture-2.jpg

I think the term for what I've got is a bridge, which covers up the area where there used to be a corner of a tooth. There's a few problems with it; like I mentioned, you sometimes get a funny taste in your mouth, after waking up for example, and the bridge is slightly darker in tone compared to the other teeth. It's definitely better than having nothing there though - I'd cut my tongue on the sharp edges, and it'd look outrageous. I guess an alternative is to implant a crown, which covers the whole tooth, thus not having a darker spot on the tooth.

Level 7
By the thing you're too young for, are you referring to a denture?
denture-2.jpg

I think the term for what I've got is a bridge, which covers up the area where there used to be a corner of a tooth. There's a few problems with it; like I mentioned, you sometimes get a funny taste in your mouth, after waking up for example, and the bridge is slightly darker in tone compared to the other teeth. It's definitely better than having nothing there though - I'd cut my tongue on the sharp edges, and it'd look outrageous. I guess an alternative is to implant a crown, which covers the whole tooth, thus not having a darker spot on the tooth.

Yes what i meant is a crown , i just didnt know if its right... Well for that im now too young...

Funny tastes will be okay , its annoying when i drink something cold , if it touches the one broken tooth its like frozen river in my mounth :D

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Yes what i meant is a crown , i just didnt know if its right... Well for that im now too young...

Funny tastes will be okay , its annoying when i drink something cold , if it touches the one broken tooth its like frozen river in my mounth :D

I've had the nerve removed from the damaged tooth, so there's no such annoyances.

Level 7
I've had the nerve removed from the damaged tooth, so there's no such annoyances.

Well im going every two weeks now for the check of the nerve if it will or will not die... I hope it doesnt , that will hurt like hell taking it out...

Level 27
Emotional: Had my arm broken.

Physical: Had my heart ripped out.

...Or was it the other way 'round?

Broken arm is the worst injury I've sustained, and even that wasn't very serious. Nothing stands out as most emotional or memorable injury.

Level 45
Umm..hmm..falling over when I was little (6yrs) and my legs dripping with blood (at that stage I was fascinated with it, i didnt feel the pain or cry), having a scissor fight = had my thumb cut open (NOW THAT FUCKING HURT), had a 2cm splinter stuck under my thumb (lots of blood)...thats what i get for running my thumb across a old desk with no plastic side cover...

uhhh..having a rabbit bite through my nail and thumb...having stabbed my thumb with a linocutter (has a certain shaped blade) while making art. Burning my knees while making a rabbit cage (using a welder), had a GIANT yellow bruise on my shoulder since some idiot threw a bat at my arm/shoulder...

umm...Having dermatitis on both on my hands...on the right had it was so blistered, swollen and riddled with dermatitis, the slightest movement would cause my skin to tear, crack and bleed (YAY, no assignments for a month!)

EDIT: oh.. and trying to balance on a chair with my feet and on a desk with my front new teeth. Only to find out I slipped and twisted one of my front teeth (eventually it healed/grew into the proper shape and isnt noticable anymore)

thats all i can remember o.0.. Iv never broken a bone in my body :eek:

Alright, kimbo thats pretty skilled. I've always wanted to balance on a chair with only my teeth. But, about me.
12 I got hit by a sled, my left forarm buckle fractured.
13 I jumped off a swing, landed on the previous fracture, it fractured worse that time.
14 I sprinted dead into a tree, and fractured my left collar bone, the thing which is usually "l" shaped was then "L" shaped. very fun, luckly it didn't break off and require surgery.
15 me and my friends toppled a giant tree in a national park, and it almost crushed us all. That was unintentional, but awesome :D
Oh ya, and when I was little I was biking up a hill and the seat popped out and that little lever thing stabbed my leg. That bled a lot

Level 9
Ah I'd almost forgotten, when I was 14 I was riding on the back of a motor cycle, with my brother driving it through a neighborhood goin about 25, legal limit, and the motor cycle had one of those metal rim things on the end of the seat towards the back, and we hit a speed bump, we both got lifted into the air, and my tailbone landed right on the metal rim, God that was horrible... just horrible.

Level 13
How do you guys GET HURT SO BAD ALL THE TIME?!

The worst thing I've done ever is crash my bike into one of those shiney metal poles which I cannot refer to properly in English. I fainted and found myself with a bruise (that lasted for a year :eek:) and a bleeding ear, nothing more.

Kimberly, I feel sorry for your thumbs. D:

Also, unintentional mini-necro bcz I don't check the OT forum often enough.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I crashed into a car with my bike once.. (or err, several times, but this one is the spectacular one). I was coming downhill at a pretty high speed for a bike (guesstimate around 50 kmh) when a car, from the left, decided that traffic rules doesn't apply to bikes, and as such threw himself into the road in front of me. Unable to stop quickly enough, I crashed into the side of the car, flew over the roof, and landed on the other side, luckily, my rucksack caught most of the impact. I had a pretty large abrasion along my left thigh, lasted for a week or so, but I was in a hurry so I just picked up my bike and continued down the road. I probably should've demanded his number and name in case I had any other, more serious injuries. On the other hand, I bet he won't be trying the same stunt again.

Level 13
wat

*Crashes bike into car, flies over car, smashes into ground.*

"PAIN'S FOR PUSSIES."

*Grabs bike and keeps on going.*

shiiK, you are weird.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Did you happen to get a picture of their reaction? xD

Yeah, I knew it would happen so I pulled up my camera and shot a picture while I was flying through the air. Of course.

What else is there to do, Twisted? I mean, I could've smacked the driver up good, but I didn't have time.

Level 13
Personally I'd have lost my calm completely and either be lying on the ground writhing in pain or attacking the driver in blind rage.

I need to be calm to supress pain. :/

Level 17
Hmmm....
I didn't break a lot yet :D I hope it stays like that.

I first broke my middlefoot-bone (or whatever you call it) and after that, in the same month, I broke the two bones in my right hand which are connected to the third and fourth finger. In addition to that, a sinew in my carpus was ripped. Well, that's pretty much of all serious injuries I had...

Oh wait, I had a pneumonia in Spain when I was 12. Nice vacation, really... <.<

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Personally I'd have lost my calm completely and either be lying on the ground writhing in pain or attacking the driver in blind rage.

I need to be calm to supress pain. :/

I'm always calm, maybe that''s why.

Status
Not open for further replies.