• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ingame sound plays through my imported sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Play the music through the music channel like the music is meant to be. This allows people to turn it off if they want to play different music. This usually requires importing your music over an existing piece of music (with same sample rate and depth etc).

Level 3
So I'm figuring you want background music, first you gotta goto Magos model editor and find the WC3 MPQ and look in the sound section. I already did it for you so here's the path to the sound and how to do it

First you want to goto your import manager, not your sound manager.

attachment.php

Import the sound you want, though I suggest first making the sound as short as possible and reducing the size of the sound as much as you can, there are for sure tutorials on how to do that, since it's not limited to just sound files that need to be squished

attachment.php

Then click on the path

attachment.php

Then change the path into the main Human background music which is
*Sound\Music\mp3Music\HumanX1.mp3*

attachment.php

Then to make sure that everyone gets this sound, goto player properties and make everyone a human or whatever race you wish for them to be, you gotta look up your own for the other background music though

attachment.php

And viola, there you go, a non trigger music

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    337.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 2.png
    2.png
    393.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 3.png
    3.png
    344.4 KB · Views: 124