• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Infinite Blood: Twisted Twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Infinite Blood: Twisted Twins (dubble storyline RPG)

I welcome you to a place that you would want to call your new world.

I welcome you to the world of
Infinite Blood
Twisted Twins

Progress:
At the moment, I'm busy creating Infinite Blood: Twisted Twins. The first map 'Prologue' is now Alpha released here and will give you a little taste of what is yet to come.
The second map of this campaign is already under consturction, and promises to show a big part of the gameplay mentioned below.
Progress will also be shown in my signature. If there are any changes, it will be edited here, or on the Infinite Blood: Tiwsted Twins thread in the Maps section. There will be 1 thread of this campaign in the Maps section, and when another map is added, I will place the new map and the old one(s) in a .rar file as an update.

Storyline:
Elefthia, a pregnant mother and skilled elementalist is being chased by the Demon General Palmasis and his minions. She takes on the battle with him, and in the end, defeats him too. However, Palmasis focussed all his remaining strength on one last spell before dying, causing Elefthia's elementalist powers to be banished to the Spirit World.
Severely injured and still pregnant, the women stumbled to her home, that wasn't very far, but fainted halfway.
It was mere luck that the priest of the local church took a walk through the forest where just a short while ago had been a fierce battle. When he noticed the damsel in distress on the middle of the road, he took her to his church to take care of her. There she gave birth to a beautiful little girl and called her Anna. As her last act on this world, she granted the child the gift of all her love and caring. Then she passed away.
But it was unexpected that the women wasn't carrying 1, but 2 children. It was a true miracle that the priest managed to save the second child, which was a boy and named him Orphe. But Orphe had been born as a child who knew no love or caring.
The girl went to a wealthy family where she was raised in peace. The boy was send to a simple family, but ran away from home at his 12th and managed to take care of himself, because he could not notice that others could care for him too.

Today is exactly 25 years after the birth of Anna and Orphe.
Today is when the story truly begins.

Gameplay:
For this game, I've chosen to create gameplay that isn't based on warfare of big armies, or building bases and conquer the enemy's territory. I've chosen to make this a tactical game. One where you have to watch carefully with your actions to be able to complete this campaign. You will be given a limited food supply that allows a small group of troops at your disposal. You use your troops to get passed obstacles. These troops vary in functionality. For each obstacle or objective, you need a specific type of unit and give them specific orders.
Failure of troops often results in their deaths, but luckily you have a infinite source of new troops awaiting your orders.

Features:
This campaign allows you to play the storyline from 2 perspectives. You can choose to play the now evil Orphe, or you can choose to follow Anna, the now bright mage. At the start of each map in the campaign, you are allowed to choose in which perspective you want to view that map. In the next map, you can choose to go that path again, or look at the other side for a change.
Also, I've added a few 'hidden' stuff in it that grant you more info about the storyline or are just fun to know. Don't think that these things are hidden locations, because they're not.

Other info:
Success of this campaign will result in a big chance of new stuff, giving you more entertainment! So when a new map is in the Maps section: Go play it, enjoy it and rate it.

The first screenshots are available and can be viewed here. Also upcoming screenshots will be displayed there.

Updates:
-02 sept 2008
Prologue screenshots added to Projects thread.
-11 sept 2008
Prologue Alpha release info added.
Progress updated.

Last edited:
Level 18
Thank you for your reply. At the moment I'm working with Crusad3r91 on a map for the Paired mapping Contest, so this map will continue after that's finished. I hope you'll enjoy the game when it's completely released, and I'll do my best to make it a good one :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.