• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Infernal stone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So you want a "meteor spell", yes? A star falls from the sky, dealing damage in an area?

1. Create a dummy unit with no model, no shadow, no attacks and give it the locust ability (so noone can attack it)
2. Set the spell's "Data - Duration" from 180 to 1 second and "Data - Summoned Unit" to your Dummy unit.

Level 3
Forget my first idea - here is an easier way:

Select your spell in the ability editor. Press and hold Shift while you double click on "Data - summoned unit". Now you get a textbox instead of a unit-selector box. Type just a space in here and press enter. Now you've cleared the field and no unit is summoned when you cast the spell.

Ask, if there are problems.

Level 6
Lol... Ok I will explain what Silver18 said.

First step : You got your skill already? The "Meteor" like skill? If not, do this steps :
a. Open Object Editor or press F6
b. Click the Units tab then press Ctrl + Shift + N
c. When you done that, a new tab and you can see in the upper right in it, the "Hero". Click it and find the Items. After that find the Inferno(Item).
d. Find the "Hero Ability" then click it. Right click it then check it, Then on the "Item Ability" uncheck it. You got your ability now!

Then the Second Step : Find the Data - Summoned unit then press Shift + Enter, erase any existing words then write "none".

Then Done! You got your very own Meteor Spell! Be sure to edit other things in it. :)

Well I tested it and it works. You just need to edit some data. You can also use the Inferno Abilities by DreadLords.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.