• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Infernal Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Ok im making a triggerbased spell and i need infernals to fall (yes fall as in the rain of cahos animation) from the sky at random points in the playable map area. I cant find a trgger unit issue order no target (abilty) that summons infernals. So any help/suggestions would be appreciated. :infl_thumbs_up:

1 More question
How can i give a unit endurance aura (only increasing movement speed) and crit strike without it showing? I tried adding the item ability to the hero via triggers they still showed up.

Last edited:
Level 8
first issue, place some regions in the map, then do like this (note--- you have to create variables (normally 2, 1 for the spec effects and 1 for the created units(only if you want to make somting spec with the infernals))

events-
depends if its a dummy caster unit or if its time based
Conditions-
any condition
Actions-
spec effect- create spec effect at pont (here set one of your regions,then just copy this action and the next ,set action, if you want to make more than 1 infernal)
set-Infernal_Animation*=last created animation
Wait 2 sec
Create 1 infernal at (the same region as the spec effect)
set-Infernal_summon*=last created unit
Animation-Play unit(Infernal_summon*)s birth animation
set-Infernal_birth-*last created unit animation
wait-2sec
destroy-Infernal-birth

*= if you have arrays (suggested if you have more than 1 spec effect and unit)then

note! you can then make this kind of trigger and change the regions after ewery trigger to make it seem that its random=)
that will brobably work.

second question: edit the buffs the abilitys used and erase the description and take away the icon=))

Level 10
:thumbs_up: Thanks :p il try this but im pretty sure it will work.
Hell yea man! Works almost done with my spellpack, would plus rep you but i dont got 50 rep as you can see :(. Thanks though!

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Simply use random real between map lower extent and map higher extent and then make a dummy order infernal onto that location.
To make sure it does not get make one on very cliffy areas use a 9 point detect and comparison system where if the terane hight is not even enough it does not summon the infernal.

I need more detail on this endurance aura.
Does it effect others or only self?

Since if it only affects self reverse the abilites.
Make a critical strike and give it item movement speed bonous or simply use triggers to increase movement speed.

If not I can not currently think of a way. . .

Level 10
Bah it was working but now the icons show up green : / any suggestions?

Hidden Abilities

If you're trying to make hidden abilities, you'll have to use the spellbook bug. Make a modification of the spellbook ability (its under items) and change it so it contains the abilities you wish to be hidden. Give this modified spellbook ability to your unit, either via triggering or by adding it to his unit spell list. Then, create a a trigger that at map initialization disables the spellbook ability. The unit will still benefit from the passive abilities inside the spellbook, but they will be invisible.

Add Ability Location - Trigger Editor, "Unit - Add Ability"
Ability List Location - Object Editor, "Abilities - Normal"
Disable Ability Location - Trigger Editor, "Player - Enable/Disable Ability"

Status
Not open for further replies.