• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Individual kill tracking and ability gaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, I need a trigger that can track the kills of all units individually and give them powers at certain amounts of kills. For example if a swordsman get 4 kills he would gain a 5% dodge chance, then at 10 kills it would become a 10% dodge.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,
Chopper

Level 8
I am not sure if it is the best way but you can induvidualy store every unit then set them there own intiger and when ever they get a kill set it +1 and when it gets to the numbers you want make it so they get given the skill associated with it.

Level 33
I created a test map showing how these kill values can be tracked using Hashtable alone

For the first 5 kills, the Footman will gain the Evasion ability which will evade 5% of incoming physical attack

For the next 5 kills, the ability will be leveled up automatically which will grant him 10% evasion

Attachments

• Simple Kill Track System.w3x
    15.4 KB · Views: 57
Level 1
Thank you for the quick reply, but I have a new request. Do you know where I can get a newer version of the editor, mine wont open the map and claims that trigger functions in it do not exist.

Thanks,
Chopper

Level 1
Ok, I have updated and tested it. That's what I desire for the most part, but a few things I need differently. First I don't want it to announce the kill count, second I need the count to continue to at least level 50 so that I can have higher levels of the ability at different kill amounts. Also if when it says kills reset it means that it resets the count and keeps going then I would like to know if this means it will reactivate and give the lower level powers again.

Thank You,
Chopper

Status
Not open for further replies.