• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Indirect Ability Control for Undetermined Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello! Is there a way for anyone to assist me with a function I want to occur in my map. Once a player loads their hero into a certain unit not under their control, I want them to be set as a player variable and then they can control the unit through arrow keys. I already am using a movement system by CHA_Owner:

GUI Movement System v1.6

I have been able to let the player control the unit through arrow keys flawlessly but I also want to incorporate if the player presses ESC then the unit will use a slam ability. The problem is that the player who presses ESC is unknown until the event occurs in game and even though I set the player variable, I can't detect the player variable with an event and I also can't think of any boolean condition that matches it also.

I know it sounds dumb to not just give control of the loading unit to the player and just having the player being able to press the power themselves to slam but the loading unit is supposed to feel like a suit (hence the arrow key system) and they can't actually control the unit via other means.

upload_2018-11-4_14-29-48.png

In short I want to figure out how to make the event (Player- ( ) skips a cinematic sequence) work for a player variable that isn't known yet. As far as I know you can't use a variable that you created as that variable but I don't understand the reason for it (because it does exist under variables that I created).

Thanks, in advance for any help.

Level 38
  • Events
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Player - Player 2 (Blue) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Player - Player 3 (Teal) skips a cinematic sequence
    • -------- add an event for each of your players here --------
  • Conditions
    • (Triggering Player) equal to YOUR_PLAYER_VARIABLE
  • Actions
    • -------- do stuff --------

Level 7