• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Third Person Control System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am having troubles configuring a third person control system.

My current problems are:

Continuous forward movement.
(I can currently move forward (and relative to current angle), but only to a certain distance, then I have to press the button again).

Rotating relatively while moving.
(I can currently rotate relative to my unit, but the unit has to finish moving first (that or interrupt it's current movement).)

Here are my triggers:
  • P1 SetHero
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Char Town 1 or Start <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
      • ((Triggering unit) is in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red))) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set P1Hero = (Triggering unit)
      • Trigger - Turn on P1 SetManualOn <gen>
Each player is only under control of 1 Hero, that and "Char Town 1 or Start", is the start position of your hero.

This one is specifically designed for Player 1's Hero, same with the rest of these triggers.

• P1 FixRotation
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • P1Manual Equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of P1Hero) over 0.00 seconds
  • P1 SetManualOn
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing .manual on as An exact match
    • Conditions
      • P1Manual Equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to P1Hero, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using The unit's rotation
      • Set P1Manual = 1
  • P1 SetManualOff
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing .manual off as An exact match
    • Conditions
      • P1Manual Equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (Red) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Set P1Manual = 0
  • P1 MoveUp
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Presses the Up Arrow key
    • Conditions
      • P1Manual Equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order P1Hero to Move To ((Position of P1Hero) offset by 250.00 towards (Facing of P1Hero) degrees)
  • P1 MoveLeft
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Presses the Left Arrow key
    • Conditions
      • P1Manual Equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order P1Hero to Move To ((Position of P1Hero) offset by 1.00 towards ((Facing of P1Hero) + 45.00) degrees)
  • P1 MoveRight
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Presses the Right Arrow key
    • Conditions
      • P1Manual Equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order P1Hero to Move To ((Position of P1Hero) offset by 1.00 towards ((Facing of P1Hero) - 45.00) degrees)

A little help would be nice, thanks ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.