• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Indent keybind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I have serious issues with this, I want a keybind to tab/intend a text.
Shift + tab = reverse

I know that tab is also used for site navigation, but I think it could be disabled if the user is typing perhaps?

For implementation I imagine it being done by checking if the (presumably) div element is being focused client side, apply keybind if so.

Level 7
I have serious issues with this, I want a keybind to tab/intend a text.
Shift + tab = reverse

I know that tab is also used for site navigation, but I think it could be disabled if the user is typing perhaps?

For implementation I imagine it being done by checking if the (presumably) div element is being focused client side, apply keybind if so.
You can control this behaviour if there's focus on a input or textarea. Though if you're using some modern wysiwyg it may be in the proper api (as CKEditor, for instance).

Level 7
Why would you use the tab symbol?
As far as I understand he's trying to use the tab do indent lines and shift+tab to deindent lines. But what happens is that when he tabs, it goes out of the box he's writing.
So he would like to indent lines with tab instead of changing focused objects.

Level 7
You could add a shortcut for indentation or deindentation like ALT + Q for indent and ALT + A to deindent (we already have the buttons).

Level 7
Well, if a shortcut to post is so ideal, it would be better to have it on some shortcut. Like Ctrl + Enter (since Alt +Enter is already used by the browser).

I do have to agree with the use of tab sometines sads me greatly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.