• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Incredible sudden lagg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So I started editing an already started Green Circle TD, a TD consisting of 36 waves, and around wave 28 heroes start coming, and I have no idea why, but this HUGE lag starts messing up the game, it does not matter when I play it, whether all the pings are below 80 ms, or whether I kick all the players, the map lags so much you can't even write.
I did try playing it alone, and it didn't lag... But if I go multiplayer (I play on bnet custom server) it turns unplayable.
I suspect it has a lot to do with the heroes, obviously, but... why?

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• Green Circle TD 7.3.w3x
    170.4 KB · Views: 124
For start fix special effect and leaks inside loops (for functions and player or unit groups).

1 trigger like, create unit on some point (like hero selection on start) isn't such problem compared to:
Create 15 units each 15 sec (that's 60 leaks in 1 min).

Also remove Do Nothing from your trigger actions:
  • Do nothing
call DoNothing( )
JASS:
function DoNothing takes nothing returns nothing
endfunction

Also try to learn hashtables, you will be able to merge all that wave triggers into only 2 or maybe even 1.

Level 7
For start fix special effect and leaks inside loops (for functions and player or unit groups).

1 trigger like, create unit on some point (like hero selection on start) isn't such problem compared to:
Create 15 units each 15 sec (that's 60 leaks in 1 min).

Also remove Do Nothing from your trigger actions:
  • Do nothing
call DoNothing( )
JASS:
function DoNothing takes nothing returns nothing
endfunction

Also try to learn hashtables, you will be able to merge all that wave triggers into only 2 or maybe even 1.

Redarding the do nothing, I was aware it was useless, but, are you saying I should replace it with the JASS version? Or just remove it?

And regardin hastables, thank you for the advice, I will try to learn them.

Edit my version instead. Open source maps are attached to first comment (the actual map resource was optimized so will not open).

I fixed most of the leaks and made it perform better. Major areas to improve are towers, ballence and maybe adding new concepts into the map.

Thank you very much for the offer, I will start with that one I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.