• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Increase level of ability for an entire unit-type owned by a player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I have a map where each player is spawning waves of units and have the ability to upgrade these units. I want to have upgrades, which increase a level of an ability for all units of a certain type, so that upcoming waves spawn units with increased ability levels. Is this possible to do through triggers?

I can figure out how to increase the level of an ability for a single unit or a group of existing units, but not for the underlying type, such that future waves have the increased ability.

Hi yes is possible , you need to make that skill to have 2 lev. Next you will need to make an event and a condition for you upgrade and for action set the level of that skill from 1 to 2. I will make this for you after work.
Update: I'm so stupid you don't need trigger for this, all you need to do is: make your skill to have 2 levels. The level 1 is the normal/basic skill before upgrade and the lev 2 is the upgrade next go to upgrade section from object editor and

Captură ecran (961).jpg

Attachments

• sal2.2.w3x
    480.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Level 3
Hi yes is possible , you need to make that skill to have 2 lev. Next you will need to make an event and a condition for you upgrade and for action set the level of that skill from 1 to 2. I will make this for you after work.
Update: I'm so stupid you don't need trigger for this, all you need to do is: make your skill to have 2 levels. The level 1 is the normal/basic skill before upgrade and the lev 2 is the upgrade next go to upgrade section from object editor and

View attachment 407151
Thanks for the reply. While that might work for a skill with 2 levels, how about 3 or more? I want multiple ranks of each ability.

Expanding on Lordul Dracula's solution, all you have to do is add more levels to the upgrade and specify the increment amount as 1. This makes it so that subsequent attempts at researching the same upgrade (Level 2 onwards) will increase the level of the ability by 1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.