• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I increase Unit Ability Level using Upgrades

Level 4
Hello,
I am really confused right now.

I have a Unit with a "Custom Spell" made out of the Stormbolt Ability from the Mountain King. I made it a Unit Ability and gave it a Unit I placed on the Map for me.
Then I created an upgrade that has the Effect "Ability Level Bous". So I did the same as it is for the "Raise Dead" Ability for the Necromancer in Vanilla War3, just that it effects my test Ability.

But it just doesn't work. Researching it doesn't increase the Level of the Ability for the Unit. Can someone explain to me, where my mistake is, because I really have no clue. Here is the Upgrade Data.
Screenshot_125.png

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
OK, I forgot that, but I did it now, and it still don't work.
View attachment 458412
This seems unlikely but it appears you may have two abilities, test and Test. Or did you just uppercase the name later on?

Also, feel free to attach the map here or a demo map and I can take a look at it for you.

Edit: Attached a map, it works fine for me.

Edit 2: I have "Applies To All Units" set to False. This is the same setup that Skeletal Mastery uses.

Attachments

• Upgrade.w3m
    17.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Level 4
Ok here it the Map... The sniper custom unit got the ability and thefood building from the humans has the upgrade. for it.
Maybe you find my mistake, because I really don't see it.

Attachments

• Basic Hero Defence v0.2.w3m
    70.4 KB · Views: 1

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Ok here it the Map... The sniper custom unit got the ability and thefood building from the humans has the upgrade. for it.
Maybe you find my mistake, because I really don't see it.
It's because you have "Applies To All Units" set to True. That should be False, just like it is on the Skeletal Mastery upgrade. In the future I recommend copying and pasting the thing that works and only changing what you KNOW won't mess it up.