• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Research Ability Level increase not affecting structures correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
This is potentially a known issue, but I've recently noticed that researches with the 'Apply Ability Level Bonus' only increase the ability level of the currently living structures. For example, I have poison towers with an upgrade to increase the ability level of the poison. The research only increases the level of the poison ability on living towers. Any newly constructed towers will have level 1 abilities and towers will only gain ability levels if they are alive when the research completes.

Is this a know issue? Is there an easier workaround / option I need to check instead of just using triggers to fix this?

Level 20
I think with an ability based on Chaos and a similar research, you could work around that (you'd need to create tower level 1, tower level 2 etc.) just like replacing siege engines with their Barrage version, in a way.

That being said, it sounds just easier to do it with triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.