• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Increase ability level with tech upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I want to increase the level of an ability by setting the current rersearch level of a corresponding tech, which increases the ability level. My goal is to increase the strength of the paladin in the test map. I'm using the item ability for that, but I can't get it to work. Does anyone see my mistake here? :(

The item ability on the paladin does work. You can check that, by setting its bonus for the first level to something else then 0. I just can't increase it with the tech.

Attachments

• Bonus STR Test.w3x
    18.3 KB · Views: 35
Level 11
I used Attribute Bonus ability instead of the item bonus ability, and used an integer that is incremented by 1 each time the trigger is fired in order to increase the level of the upgrade (otherwise, it's stuck at level 1). You could also give a tome of strength every time you use the ability, or do you really want it to work with an upgrade tech?
Anyway, test map attached, tell me if it's ok for you.

Attachments

• Bonus STR Test.w3x
    18.7 KB · Views: 34
Level 3
Thats exactly how it's supposed to work! Thank you very much!
... or do you really want it to work with an upgrade tech?
No. Using a tech is one approach i tried. I just wondered, why it isn't working. With the Attribute Bonus ability I can simpy use this function now:
  • Unit - Increase level of Attribut-Bonus for (Triggering unit)
It wasn't working with the item ability before.

Status
Not open for further replies.