• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability level up throught research (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, im working on map. Where you send units.. and i would like to give them abilities. Those could be leveled up by researching them in buildings. Problem is when i do research, The ability gain first level. But next level of research do nothing with that ability. I would like to make when you do second level of research, that unit will gain second level of ability. I know how to do it for already existing unit, But don't know to make it for units those are not trained already. Im not sure if you understand me. My English is not best, so sorry for that.

For a reseachable ability, make the ability requier the wanted reseach (ability requiers) and let the unit use the reseach (in unit used techs).
Now the ability can not be activaded without having the tech reseachred
To improve the ability with techs change one of the effects of the tech to change ability level and change the 2 fields opening: Base 0, add 1. With that values, the first reseach will not improve the abilities level but the 2 and further reseach levels will do.

Level 3
For a reseachable ability, make the ability requier the wanted reseach (ability requiers) and let the unit use the reseach (in unit used techs).
Now the ability can not be activaded without having the tech reseachred
To improve the ability with techs change one of the effects of the tech to change ability level and change the 2 fields opening: Base 0, add 1. With that values, the first reseach will not improve the abilities level but the 2 and further reseach levels will do.
Yeah, works now. Thank you man. Helped me a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.