• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Increase hero´s max health by percentage instead of flat amount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
You could have something like multiple different spells giving hp based on the powers of 2

1 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256 512 1024 etc...

Calculate the HP of your hero when he picks up the item, calculate some percentage of it, and calculate which combination of the powers of 2 will give you the HP you desire to add (you can make any positive integer with combinations of powers of two of integers without needing repetition, for example, expressing 7 can be done as 2^0 +2^1 +2^2)

This is not simple, however I do not see any other way to even get close to adding percentage HP without losing too much performance or precision.

If you are willing to go that far though, tell me, I'll try to think of a way to make this work.

Level 15
You can do it with glyphs, although it must be a consumable item then. Namely, Glyph of Fortification is linked with a spell which is further linked with an upgrade with the same name. You can set the upgrade so that it gives the health percentage bonus in Object Editor under its effects. Additionally, you can also set the glyph to not be consumed when its picked, so that it can be consumed by right-clicking manually. Then, you can also change anything else you want in the glyph, its spell and its upgrade, but it must stay consumable for this to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.