• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Increase build range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Just order a unit via triggers, when it's issued to build a building, to stop. Then create a dummy unit which will build the unit. This type of building will look like from Undead Acolyte's - The original builder will be able to perform different orders while the building builds itself. For the other, channeling version, you will need a slightly complex code.

Level 11
Eh, that won't be so easy... See, I already have a complex trigger-based build system and implement it like this would require much more work than I like...

Anyway, if there's no other way then I have no choice
But if anybody thinks of something better, just type it in! Don't consider this solved yet :D

Level 26
Structures are being initiated when the builder gets within an imho hardcoded little range. After that, as for the human technique, it progresses construction via Repair, so its range is used. You could catch the build order and instantly teleport the unit to the target place using SetUnitX/Y to immediately start construction and reset the coordinates with begins building event (for human/undead). Humans would be able to finish it from far with a high Repair range then.

Status
Not open for further replies.