• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Increase attack speed AND damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey guys, I'm making a spell that's supposed to increase a target unit's attack speed and its attack damage. I understand that, on the whole, increasing the attack speed results in more damage being given out, but I'm making it for someone else and that's what they requested.

So I want to know if there is a base ability that effects both these attributes. I'm aware of ones such as Berserk and Bloodlust, but unfortunately they only increase the attack speed.

Otherwise, if there is no base spell that can do this, is it possible via triggers? (I don't mind using JASS if necessary.)

Level 7
That isn't a half bad idea. I'll give it a go.

EDIT: Unfortunately I can't manage to input negative values, the WE just sets it to 0. Any other suggestions?

Also, I forgot to mention that I want to increase a percentage of the unit's attack speed/damage (as opposed to a real value).

Level 7
Ah, thanks... well, at least I know that now :ogre_hurrhurr:

However, I can see that Cripple does the attack speed with percentages, but from what I can see it doesn't do the same for the damage. Whereas the attack speed says Attack Speed Reduction (%) the attack damage simply says Damage Reduction.

Am I right or does it still work in percentages despite the inaccurate description?

By the way, why do I have to use shift+enter? It works just fine by double-clicking.

Level 7
OK, thanks, that's probably it. Apparently the attack speed (and probably all percentages then) is also done like that (with decimals).
Also, I found out that shift+enter is needed to surpass the default maximum/minimum (for Cripple, this is 10/-10). So if you want to do that, use shift+enter, otherwise double-click is fine.

By the way, just one last thing... my edited Cripple doesn't have a buff, yet when I cast it the unit still receives the Cripple buff, including the model effect and little icon next to "Status".
If I add my own buff, it overrides this, but if I want no buff at all, is there a way to remove this? That is, other than making a blank buff.

Level 7
Ah well. If I ever need to, I can just use a blank buff, but I think a buff is in order anyway.

Well, thanks for all your help, it really helped me out. +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.